No Way (Video)

I’d still like to see somebody else do dat besides him…

[quote]heavythrower wrote:
olexander krutcher, a 165lb pl, recently deadlifted 792, AFTER squating over 800lbs, and benching 600 something in the same competition.[/quote]

holy shit!!

The only way that could possibly be better was if it was in the IPF.

[quote]E-man wrote:
I love when he licked his hands before Coleman pulled like he needed extra grip for that pat on the back. [/quote]

lol

I don’t know this guy and I might be completely off, but he seems like a tool.

That’s about 2.5 times his own bodyweight.
Dimas cleaned and jerked about 2.5 times bodyweight. Suleymanoglu hit nearly 3 times bodyweight in the Clean and jerk. Columbu deadlifted 700 at 180.
Coleman is big and strong but I’ll be impressed when he lifts 2.5 x bodyweight over head.

[quote]Andy Shelton wrote:
Dimas cleaned and jerked about 2.5 times bodyweight. Suleymanoglu hit nearly 3 times bodyweight in the Clean and jerk. Columbu deadlifted 700 at 180.
Coleman is big and strong but I’ll be impressed when he lifts 2.5 x bodyweight over head.[/quote]

I would be very surprised if anyone clean and jerks 800 durring my lifetime.
Correct me if i’m wrong but i’m pretty sure there are few if any above 220 lifting 2.5x bodyweight.

[quote]Viking69 wrote:
Damn Ronnie looked good in 97

- YouTube [/quote]

Yeah, he ALMOST looked like a human being back then.

Look, I can’t deadlift his warmup weight so maybe it’s not my place to complain, but to me it didn’t look like he locked out the first one.

Coleman is big and strong but I’ll be impressed when he lifts 2.5 x bodyweight over head.[/quote]

Well that’s talking “pound-for-pound” strength. Dimas is muchhhh lighter than Coleman thus being able to C&J 2.5x BW. However I’m also sure that Coleman probably couldn’t even Oly lift his weights even though hes heavier but I’ve never seen a video of him Oly lifting anyways. He’s good at his sport, Dimas is good at his.

[quote]blue9steel wrote:
Look, I can’t deadlift his warmup weight so maybe it’s not my place to complain, but to me it didn’t look like he locked out the first one.[/quote]

You’re right, but then, he wasn’t deadlifting in an IPF meet. I doubt Ronnie’s too worried about fitting a perfect lockout.

-Dan

[quote]E-man wrote:
Yea his Texas accent is pretty amusing.[/quote]

Louisiana accent, he hails from Monroe, LA.

I love big Ron, the dude’s deadlifting a lot of weight.

That’s a lot of weight, no matter how big you are.

I don’t think there are a lot of people on the face of the earth that can deadlift and squat what he does. And most certainly even less people that can do it and be as freakin’ cool as he is.

Actually, Suleymanoglu lifted OVER 3 times bodyweight above his head. 190kgs c&j at 60kg. He is THE best olympic lifter of all time.

But its really unrealistic to ask heavier lifters to do anywhere near as well as the lighter lifters pound for pound. Theres a reason why we have never seen a 300kg clean and jerk.

i gree is a way, i am supremely impressed with the lighter strength athletes, but if we are talking pure relative strength, the average ant would dominate us all.

you’ve gotta be kidding me. it’s 800lbs, and for a very convincing double at that. Hossein Rezazadeh doesn’t lift 2.5 x bodyweight over head- shit, he weighs like 150kg and his clean and jerk is ‘only’ 270kg, so that’s ‘not even’ 2 x bodyweight. Fact is though that if you asked any oly lifter who the strongest man in the world is, it’s not the guy who can lift 3 x bodyweight, it’s the guy who weighs 150kg and cleans & jerks 270kg.

Ronnie is exactly as strong as he looks: no more, no less; which is what he should be as a bodybuilder. And I’m pretty fucking sure an 800lbs pull ranks him as elite in any weight class.

As for the guys who didn’t get that the original poster of the topic and video was being ironic, wtf? You guys are even slower than me, and that’s slow.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:
Coleman is big and strong but I’ll be impressed when he lifts 2.5 x bodyweight over head.

Well that’s talking “pound-for-pound” strength. Dimas is muchhhh lighter than Coleman thus being able to C&J 2.5x BW. However I’m also sure that Coleman probably couldn’t even Oly lift his weights even though hes heavier but I’ve never seen a video of him Oly lifting anyways. He’s good at his sport, Dimas is good at his.[/quote]

Hey…I didn’t know that Coleman played a sport. What sport does he play?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
BlakedaMan

Hey…I didn’t know that Coleman played a sport. What sport does he play?[/quote]

He plays the IGF-1 syringe. Can bash him though, if I had access I’d be playing it too. He made those 2 look fairly easy, definately could have got 3 maybe even 4.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:

Well that’s talking “pound-for-pound” strength. Dimas is muchhhh lighter than Coleman thus being able to C&J 2.5x BW. However I’m also sure that Coleman probably couldn’t even Oly lift his weights even though hes heavier but I’ve never seen a video of him Oly lifting anyways. He’s good at his sport, Dimas is good at his.

Hey…I didn’t know that Coleman played a sport. What sport does he play?[/quote]
Bodybuilding, ya smartass pussy.

[quote]Ryu13 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:

[/quote]

Well…I don’t consider bb a sport. Do you?

Define the criteria for “sport.”

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Ryu13 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
BlakedaMan wrote:
Andy Shelton wrote:

Well…I don’t consider bb a sport. Do you?

Define the criteria for “sport.”

[/quote]

“A sport consists of a physical and mentally competitive activity carried out with a recreational purpose for competition, for self-enjoyment, to attain excellence, for the development of a skill, or some combination of these. A sport has physical activity, side by side competition, self-motivation and a scoring system. The difference of purpose is what characterises sport, combined with the notion of individual (or team) skill or prowess.”

Yes, bodybuilding is a sport…

Is fitness modeling a sport also?

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
Is fitness modeling a sport also?[/quote]

What with the girls jumping around? For sure.

Read the definition.