No Time to Work Out it Seems

What is the best way to build muscle when you work 14-16 hours a day 6 days a week?

Get less sleep. It is going to suck, but you can make it work. Prep all your meals ahead of time, and find where your timesinks are and eliminate them.

4 Likes

What type of work do you do? Chinups and 1 arm press ups, handstand pushups, Piked pushups, 1 arm pushups. I used to do these in my breaks at work in a call centre (10 -12 hour shifts) so not as bad as you got but it worked to an extent. I was not there long 7 months , it does not create a good impression. They seemed to like the grippers and the bull worker though. Bending nails can be a good upperbody workout too for breaks.

Check for low scaffolding or a low hanging branch on a tree for chin-ups. Wall pushes can be done too . Isometrics done at diffent points. , table tricep pushups (pushing up from a table with your trices on one or both arms).

1 Like

Focus on short, high intensity work-outs…like: One day bench for 8 sets, another squat, deadlift, ohp, row etc.

2 Likes

I do cable and alarm installations for comcast. I drive from house to house installing services all day.

Totally agree! I would consider a home gym as well.
Most of my workouts are between 30-45 minutes of pure hell but has worked best for me.

1 Like

Home gym will be your best bet mate, I had the same with time constraints, so many years ago bought a power rack, bench, plates and Oly bar and never looked back.

2 Likes

Whoever says you cant do it from a home gym is wrong btw. A lot of guys on forums told me I was pissing in the wind. 55lb of lean mass later, now I am bigger than them. I put on 40lb in my apartment living room. Took as long for me to set up and put the weights away as it did for the workout. Eventually I moved a bench and cable apparatus to a self storage unit and worked out there for a while. Now I have my own little personal dungeon in the basement. Kind of funny looking back at how determined I was.

Hell, its probably good for your journey if you dont have space but make due anyway. Takes a “no excuses” mindset that way.

A good plan and imagination with a cheap home gym set up can accomplish anything a gym can.

2 Likes