No Time to Train

rainjack,

I haven't seen your pics, so I don't know if your concern is avoiding muscle loss or avoiding fat gain, but if it's the latter, a Tabata workout, including warm-up and cool-down can be accomplished in less than twenty minutes. I suggest rowing ergometer sprints for maximal effect. The protocol itself is available in Dan John's article: Just add a 5-minute warm-up and a 5-minute cool-down.

Personally, I’ve never had any trouble getting done with any of Waterbury’s workouts in 45 minutes. I would pick anything of his, but I has a pretty extreme bias in his favor.

Also, keep in mind that article CT wrote a while back about lifting heavy to keep from losing muscle when dieting down, I think it applies.

Good luck.

Stop making excuses and find the time YOU PUSSY!!!

Nah, just kidding. Superset everything. Are you fat at present? Try Don Alessi’s Meltdown1. Three giant sets of 4 exercises and you’re done. The workout is over in 20 minutes (although you may need to spend some time in the toilet hurling afterwards.)

Or, just spend a month doing the 3 powerlifts for a few sets a time each. Or sprint.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
gonta wrote:
rainjack wrote:
My only comment is Grow! and oatmeal is a shitty diet to subsist on for 3+ months!!! Cook up some chicken breasts on sunday to last the week - throw together a salad the night before work, etc. but don’t subsist on just these two items. Get a variety and by all means use Grow! and oatmeal to supplement.

Oh - I agree. And I’m not saying that I won’t eat different foods. It’s just that oats, eggs, and Grow! are the only things that I know for a fact will be in my diet. Hopefully there will be steaks and chicken and…well you get the idea.

Last year I survived on convenience store fried food (a chicken wing and thigh every single day), and Dr. Pepper to get me through.

Faced with doing that again, or eating oats and Grow! - I’ll take the oats and Grow!.

[/quote]

Rainjack - there is that darn “myth of the clarvoyance again!” you want people to comment on what you are thinking - not what you wrote?

[quote]gonta wrote:
Rainjack - there is that darn “myth of the clarvoyance again!” you want people to comment on what you are thinking - not what you wrote?[/quote]

Do what???

I’ve used a wholebody routine (similar to Waterbury’s) 2x a week to great effect. It’ll keep the strength and muscle but you still need to keep active.

Using a two day wholebody or three day would be good but try and keep some other activity on the other days. I’m thinking taking the stairs, riding to work, walking the dog, beating someone sensless with a stapler (great for stress relief at tax time), and the best activity, plenty of sex.