No-Supp Peri & Post Nutrition Protocol?

Just a quickie. If you were to create a peri and post workout nutrition plan that didn’t include any supplements/products (except for whey of course) what would it entail?

glucose/dextrose powder plus whey, before during after. simple.

A can of tuna and a glass of orange juice.

Skim milk powder.

Whey is a supplement. Any combination of 30g animal protein and 50g of simple sugars pre-WO is fine. The numbers aren’t set in stone obviously…

Eg. a can of tuna and big glass of gatorade powder drink or fake fruit juice.

Man I thought this might be an interesting thread except when I saw that whey was allowed. Weak.

You can probably accomplish a lot with no supplements. Something like this is what I would say (although I’ll stick with my supplements!):

WO-90 Chicken breast/Tuna, oatmeal, banana or apple, broccoli
WO-10 40-50 grams whey (…that is if whey is allowed, although I’d consider it a supplement, otherwise down some more chicken/tuna and a glass of milk)
WO+30 40-50 grams whey (ditto)
WO+120 Chicken breast/Tuna, oatmeal, broccoli

Simple.

Okay go with a total no supp pre/post protocol then! :slight_smile: Access to any whole foods.

What would people do?

[quote]NoWheyOut wrote:
Okay go with a total no supp pre/post protocol then! :slight_smile: Access to any whole foods.

What would people do?[/quote]

We already told you. (I don’t intend to be sarcastic.) You don’t know of decent protein and carb food sources? How do you even handle your own diet?

Are you guys actually sitting down to eat some tuna periworkout? Seems inconvenient time to do it IMO

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]NoWheyOut wrote:

What would people do?[/quote]

We already told you. (I don’t intend to be sarcastic.) You don’t know of decent protein and carb food sources? How do you even handle your own diet? [/quote]

Sorry there, I posted my response before most of the other replies but it didn’t show up for a few hours for some reason so a lot of other posts got in before mine came through. And if my diet was 100% perfect, I wouldn’t be asking these questions. :slight_smile: Thanks for the advice.

I think we are all getting a little peri workout crazy in here of late. Have some carbs and protein in you an hour before, get some in after as well and you will be fine,

mightystu was using pop tarts up until he started getting supps for free, and he did alright, as did Professor X, 6,000,000 other examples also.