No Squats or Leg Press. Solution?

GLUTE HAM RAISES stiff legged dl’s, reverse lunge standing on two plates.

Snatch or clean deadlift… you can feel your quads (obv your glutes/ham as well) quite well on this. You just need to keep the right postural positions down. Your back should be at a 45 degree angle right as you start the lift, and you MUST pull off the floor via knee extension… do NOT let your hips shoot up.

[quote]alexus wrote:
weight limitations?? how much can you powerclean into position?? sets of up to 20 should be fun (not). luck with the breathing thing…[/quote]

Lol, I’ve not been around here long but I don’t think 70kg (that’s the max amount that can go onto the knockoff olympic bar) is that impressive of a power clean? I’ll come clean and say weight limitations may have been a bit drama queenish but the problem is that although 150 can go onto the bar I use for deadlifts it’s a shitty thin circumference bar that bends too much, not to mention that to get max weight on it you need to put plates on that aren’t the right circumference so when you lift it they slop around- not ideal for power cleans? But like you say, sets of 20 should be fun…

At a westside seminar a few years back, Louie recommended doing walking lunges/good mornings.

Do a normal lunge, but instead of keeping your torso upright, bring your chest to your knee and then extend your back and hips to stand up. Granted, he suggested doing these with the safety squat bar, they may work for you with the straight bar with light weights. (Even with the SSB, it’s not a ‘heavy’ weight exercise.)

They’re brutal.

Dan John has tons of good ideas…