No Squat Rack!

I would recommend talking to the gym management. Pick out a few reasonably priced squat racks and have the figures in hand as far as how much they make a year off your membership. Even if only a few (or one) member uses the thing, I couldn’t imagine the expense could be that high. Free weight equipment is often quite cheap for gyms. Well, the equipment might cost some money, but it requires very little upkeep. Ever try to break a squat rack, Olympic bar, or dumbells? The only other option is to work the legs without doing heavy squats.

I am in the same situation. Its hard without a rack almost put the bar though my wall a few times from losing my balance lifting off my shoulder. But I still work the legs pretty good with luges deadlifts also. How much are you squating right now? Im only at 150.

Hmmm…that is a pickle. Perhaps mounting some big brackets off the studs in your wall somewhere at your house if you got a place for it. Or, move to London?

does no one read Dan John articles?

sure home depot sells the gear for pennies

you can thank me later :wink:

[quote]pat36 wrote:
Hmmm…that is a pickle. Perhaps mounting some big brackets off the studs in your wall somewhere at your house if you got a place for it. Or, move to London?[/quote]

Good grief! Why would anyone want to move to London?

Try the front squat thing.

North Wales, no universities nearby with a gym? (excuse my ignorance, I’ve visited South Wales mainly).

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Clean the bar and front squat.[/quote]

Fantastic!

Or Hack Squats with the bar or the Hack Squat Machine.

aha! found some sawhorses over here.

cheap as chips as well. apparently a pair of them can take up to 445kgs!

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9288088&fh_location=%2F%2Fcatalog01%2Fen_GB&fh_search=sawhorse&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=search&ts=1179261278745&isSearch=true

will have to get down quite low to get into squatting position but its better than nothin

How about this:

It’s compact and only weighs 50 pounds so you can move it around easily. It’s rated for 400 pounds.

[quote]PHGN wrote:
Hip belt squats [/quote]

I fukn love your avatar.