No Squat Rack Template

Hello everyone. I train in a very small home gym (I live in an appartement) and I currently have a barbell, adjustable bench, adjustable dumbbells, a chin up/dips station and lot of plates. Eventually I will have a squat stand (I don’t know if it’s the right word for it) in Christmas time, but until then I must workout without one. After some researches I found that in such a case, Jim recommended focusing on barbell row, deadlift, press, and clean. I designed a template, but I’m not sure if it’s really well written so any advices will be greatly appreciated.

Day 1 : barbell row 5/3/1 + FSL 3x5-8
Dumbbell bench press 5x10
Weighted chins 5x5-10
Curls 3x10

Day 2 : clean 5/3/1 and deadlift 5/3/1
Bulgarian split squat 5x10
Romanian deadlift 5x10
Weighted sit up 3x10

Day 3 : press 5/3/1 + FSL 3x5-8
Dumbbell row 5x10
Incline dumbbell bench press 5x10
Weighted dips 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

My goals are pretty standard, gaining mass, getting stronger and becoming more athletic. I will add some conditioning 2-3 times per week with some jump rope. Mobility is done daily with the defranco limber 11.

This template will be temporary, until I get my squat stands.

I apologize if I made any faults while writing this, I’m not an English native speaker.

Again, any advices would be appreciated, and if I wasn’t clear on something feel free to ask. Thanks.

You can always clean thebar and do front squats till you get a stand, why not? Floor press also.Wither way you will get stronger.
Or try Pavels power to the people program with only deadlift and press.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d split up the clean and deadlilft to separate days. You’ll be able to work harder on each of them, especially since you’re not squatting. Like the previous poster said, you could also clean the bar and do front squats. If not, you might want to do some heavy goblet squats to at least have a squatting movement in there.

1 Like

Or Zercher squats :wink:

1 Like

Bench you can floor press quite easily

OHP just clean the barbell

Deadlifts or Cleans as a your pull

Squat you can clean then front squat or you can zercher it off floor

1 Like

This is 5/3/1 Blasphemy!

This is a good idea. But, you can do both cleans and DL. Use a lower TM for front squats (so you can clean the bar), and just do a LOT of reps. If you really want to program cleans, either do them before heavy pulls (you’ll get more explosive and “prime” your body for the heavier stuff) or Front Squats (same concept). You’ll adapt to the increased workload. Also, just do a ton of Kroc Rows, chins, and pushups for your assistance. If you can, do weighted pushups. Make sure not to neglect ab work (especially important for the deadlift and FS), and you should be set until you can Back Squat once again. Hope this helps. Also, since you’re limited to a certain number of exercises, set your TM to 85% and focus on setting and breaking rep PRs.

Snatch / power snatch / muscle snatch is another option, as well as overhead squats, in case you’re a masochist.
I’d say a day made of cleans/power cleans at low reps (i.e. work up to TM x3), front squats at medium to high reps (like 5x5@SSL if you can clean it, or 10x5@FSL) and a single high rep set of overhead squat (like 1x20) would be quite serious.