No Source Posting Petition

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I do not support this petition.

Sometimes naming labs/sites that get busted or they are releasing bad gear that makes your heart explode is a good thing.

my 0.02

DB[/quote]

I think you bring up a good point. If someone is selling bad gear thats fake or contaminated other people should warned for their safety. That being the only exception, I think Swartzy’s proposition makes sense so I’d support it.

I support it.

nuff said

In favor of the no source rule

I do support this petition.

As the other “senior” here i belief it is not a good idea to draw the unwanted attention of LE on our board, our business, our sources.

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
We are monitoring for inquiries on sources in posts. When we find them, they will be deleted.[/quote]

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
I would rather see a voting system to nuke a redundant threads/bad material.

So many clicks and the thread is gone. I have seen it on other boards and it works.

my 0.02

DB[/quote]

I actually think this would be superior.

Is it possible in the long run, LowfatMatt?

I Support (if only it were that simple)

I support it

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

So many clicks and the thread is gone. I have seen it on other boards and it works.

my 0.02

DB

Is it possible in the long run, LowfatMatt?[/quote]

Technically possible, but we’re not certain this is the path we want to take.

For the time being, these will be handled as aforementioned.

LowfatMatt,

Dirtbag’s post did get me thinking about what the philosophy will be. Will any source discussion be considered legitimate? A straight ban on asking for sources is obviously kosher, but if there is actually something legitimate to discuss, it would be nice to be able to.

In no way do I want this board to disappear like SSB has.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

In no way do I want this board to disappear like SSB has.[/quote]

This board will not disappear. T-Nation conducts a perfectly legal business and discussing steroid use is protected by the constitution. SSB is gone because it’s owner sold steroids and he allowed other dealers to openly advertise and sell steroids at his site.

The purpose of banning source posting here is to protect the community and the labs that didn’t get busted in the last roundup. T-Nation had infinitesimally less to do with the busts relative to boards like SSB, but in the current climate there is no reason to give the feds anything more to go on. We need to be a part of the solution here IMO.

[quote]LowfatMatt wrote:
Diana Bolann wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

my 0.02

DB

Is it possible in the long run, LowfatMatt?

Technically possible, but we’re not certain this is the path we want to take.

For the time being, these will be handled as aforementioned.[/quote]

LowFatMatt, perhaps instead of a community-based deletion system it could be used to signal moderator attention. I guess we could use the “Report Post” button, but it would help to know that specific rules are in place regarding source posting.

I DO support this petition.

For the safety of everyone involved, talk securely to those you trust.

I support this petition.

Posting sources and such sheds a light for the DEA to bust that source and, possibly, its customers. It may also cause inflation of AAS from the other, still active, sources.

I do support this petition

Like it has already been said, If you want specific source info than ask specific individuals for that info. No one here was handed any info or source, put in some time and leg work and you will be rewarded handsomely. Nothing that is worth while having ever comes easy.

I also think it should be stickied, or something along the lines you will be banned if you post sources.

Though I think chemical sites for ‘research’ could be discussed as they are not illegal to have.

I agree and disagree.

As I have said before I think there is nothing wrong with discussing openly advertised internet sites (ie. sites you can find with any simple google search). Too many of those sites are scammers and I see no reason why some newbie should have to get ripped off a bunch of times or take fake and potentially dangerous substances to find his or her sources or “pay their dues”. As for private or personal sources I agree 100%…its just stupid to post that kind of stuff.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:

my 0.02

DB[/quote]

?..Works to do what? I guess I’m not understanding this. I don’t see how that would help keep a clean board and avoid unwanted attention.

Please explain more, as options are always worth listening to.

I support T-Nation’s decision.

I support the petition. Openly discussing sources (other than legal research chem sites) is just plain stupid, and potentially introduces unwanted attention.

Posting information about scammers and busts should be allowed though.