No Soreness With Squats

I’ve been doing squats for about 2 months and haven’t got sore from them the day after I do them, my legs haven’t grown also. While I perform a squat I can’t feel the burn in my quads, I just get tired after finishing, but no burn, no soreness, nothing. What could be the problem???

what does your routine look like, how many day a week are you preforming squats?

you aren’t doing enough and they aren’t heavy enough

You’re lifting more weight now, right? How much more?

[quote]imc_1121 wrote:
I’ve been doing squats for about 2 months and haven’t got sore from them the day after I do them, my legs haven’t grown also. While I perform a squat I can’t feel the burn in my quads, I just get tired after finishing, but no burn, no soreness, nothing. What could be the problem??[/quote]

imc, my advice is to start raising your heels. It has made all the difference in my quad size (and I have been training for 17 years).

I also switched to front squats soon after. I find it is easier to go low and maintain balance this way.

I started with a 5 lb plate under my heel and noticed that I got a better mind/muscle connection and pump with my quads. I got a little carried away with the idea so I kept raising them higher. Now I use a wieghtlifting shoe with a 2x4. My feet are probably at 30 degrees and the pumps and growth are better than ever.

I’d give it a try, you will certainly get sore again.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
imc_1121 wrote:
I’ve been doing squats for about 2 months and haven’t got sore from them the day after I do them, my legs haven’t grown also. While I perform a squat I can’t feel the burn in my quads, I just get tired after finishing, but no burn, no soreness, nothing. What could be the problem??

imc, my advice is to start raising your heels. It has made all the difference in my quad size (and I have been training for 17 years).

I also switched to front squats soon after. I find it is easier to go low and maintain balance this way.

I started with a 5 lb plate under my heel and noticed that I got a better mind/muscle connection and pump with my quads. I got a little carried away with the idea so I kept raising them higher. Now I use a wieghtlifting shoe with a 2x4. My feet are probably at 30 degrees and the pumps and growth are better than ever.

I’d give it a try, you will certainly get sore again.

[/quote]

Did you use less weight when you used the plate under the heel?
thanks…

I only squat once a week, I think MytchBucanan is right, it has to do with mind/muscle connection. Once or twice I felt the burn while performing the exercise, but I don’t remember how I did it, I’m certain that the weight isn’t the problem because I don’t use light weights.

ok. how much weight is it.

[quote]Rugby_Owns wrote:
ok. how much weight is it.[/quote]

Also, what’s your rep set scheme, and how much more weight are you squatting than two months ago?

Guys I’m sure this has nothing to do with the weight.

Is it possible that you’re using too much back during the lift? If you lean forward too far at the bottom, then lead with your butt coming back up before straightening out you transfer a lot of the load off the quads and onto your lower back which probably isn’t too safe if you’re lifting real heavy. Try making your chest be the first thing to start rising out of the bottom of the squat.

Still need to know your set/rep scheme.

I do 3 sets of 12, 10 and 8. Also my legs are somewhat long.

How about you tell us how much fucking weight you use and what it is compared to when you started.

Two months ago it was 80 kilos now its 90 kilos.

screw with your rep range. try 1 or 2 sets of 25 or 50. swap to lunges. do leg press. Don’t squat for 2 months and get stronger on another compound leg exercise. Lots of options

I WISH my legs didn’t get sore after squatting. I dread squat day!..or more precisely, two days after squat day, when the pain sets in for the next 2-3 days. Thank GOD for the foam roller is all I can say.

Is it necessary to have pain to grow? I would think as long as you are progressing in weight, AND EATING ENOUGH to support muscle growth, whether or not they made you sore would be a non-issue.

[quote]imc_1121 wrote:
Two months ago it was 80 kilos now its 90 kilos.[/quote]

As long as you’re consistently moving up in weight who cares if you’re sore?

[quote]Rugby_Owns wrote:
imc_1121 wrote:
Two months ago it was 80 kilos now its 90 kilos.

As long as you’re consistently moving up in weight who cares if you’re sore?[/quote]

Because my legs ain’t growing.

[quote]imc_1121 wrote:
Guys I’m sure this has nothing to do with the weight.[/quote]

and

[quote]imc_1121 wrote:
Two months ago it was 80 kilos now its 90 kilos.[/quote]

You just started doing squats two months ago and have only bumped up the weight 10 kg…?

Guess what? I bet it has everything to do with the weight - or lack thereof. Your legs aren’t growing because you are squatting like a pussy. Your legs aren’t sore because you are squatting like a pussy. You can’t feel the burn because you are squatting like a pussy. You feel tired after a set because that’s what standing up and sitting down over and over tends to do to a person who obviously doesn’t understand what hard work is.

Don’t be afraid of actually adding weight to the bar, on occasion. Someone brand new to squatting who actually sacks up under the bar should be able to add 20 lbs to that lift after a couple weeks, not a couple months.

I have noticed the same thing with my squats. I used to always do the leg press as my main leg workout but when i switched to squats, i’ve noticed my legs got a little smaller and would never be sore (although i would go heavy at 3 plates).

My last leg workout i didn’t do squats and they were really sore. Just switch things up to a variation and you should be fine.