No Soreness At All

Now I know that soreness isnt the best indicator of a good workout or not. But I dont feel sore at all on the day after my workouts. I can run around and everything without any soreness or anything.

I take 2 servings of Whey Protein after my workouts and I stretch.

I feel I work myself very hard in the weightroom.

Am I not feeling sore because I’m only 15.5 years old? Or could there be other reasons?

And if I dont feel sore, does that mean I will see less gains?

[quote]Baller1950 wrote:
Am I not feeling sore because I’m only 15.5 years old?
[/quote]

Hahahaha, I think this has a great deal to do with it.

more soreness = huge gains, duh

Soreness doesn’t equal progress, you accumulate microtrauma to your muscles evertime you workout but after a while you get used to it.

You just don’t notice it, your body/mind becomes accustomed to the injuries and it’s not a big deal anymore.

[quote]itsthenickman wrote:
more soreness = huge gains, duh[/quote]

PLEASE don’t beleive that.

Dude he’s only 15.5 (rofl at the .5) years old. Most people can’t detect sarcasm on the net as it is. At least I hope it was sarcasm.

Anyway, if you want pain run out in traffic. That, or dom something different in your training.

[quote]Baller1950 wrote:
Now I know that soreness isnt the best indicator of a good workout or not. But I dont feel sore at all on the day after my workouts. I can run around and everything without any soreness or anything.

I take 2 servings of Whey Protein after my workouts and I stretch.

I feel I work myself very hard in the weightroom.

Am I not feeling sore because I’m only 15.5 years old? Or could there be other reasons?

And if I dont feel sore, does that mean I will see less gains?[/quote]

I am almost exactly the same age as you (born in November 1990) and I can assure you that I get sore from working out. This does not occur/not occur because of age.

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)

Look it up.

Personally, I usually look at soreness as a sign that I’m not doing that exercise frequently enough. I recently gained ~30 lbs over about a 7 month period, and spent almost none of that time feeling sore.

Of course, it’s good to mix things up and cycle your training parameters. This should make you a at least bit sore from time to time.

I used to feel sore when I first started my routine. That was about 5 weeks ago. Now I dont feel sore anymore. Does that mean I should change my routine?

dont worry about if you are sore or not. it makes no difference. if you are getting bigger and stronger is all that matters.

[quote]Baller1950 wrote:
I used to feel sore when I first started my routine. That was about 5 weeks ago. Now I dont feel sore anymore. Does that mean I should change my routine?[/quote]

Have you been increasing the poundages each week?

[quote]Baller1950 wrote:
I used to feel sore when I first started my routine. That was about 5 weeks ago. Now I dont feel sore anymore. Does that mean I should change my routine?[/quote]

Have you been increasing the poundages each week?