T Nation

No Soreness After Power Cleaning

I’m never sore after I Power Clean, my form is almost perfected however there still are a few things that need to be cleaned up. But for some reason, everytime when im done cleaning, im never sore. Is that okay? Will i still gain the muscle that i want?

add weight.

My CNS,low back, and gluts are typically fried after doing full cleans.

This is probably due to the very low time under tension. I never get sore from power cleans either.

I will probably get flamed for this but I just can’t understand the logic in using o-lift variations for hypertrophy.

I am sure that someone will respond to this by posting a picture of an impressive looking o-lifter who can probably C&J over 2.5 x bodyweight.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
This is probably due to the very low time under tension. I never get sore from power cleans either.

I will probably get flamed for this but I just can’t understand the logic in using o-lift variations for hypertrophy.

I am sure that someone will respond to this by posting a picture of an impressive looking o-lifter who can probably C&J over 2.5 x bodyweight.
[/quote]

Personally, great way to hit different muscle fibers with great bang for your buck. ALso conditions you to a higher workload. Also, they rape my traps.

not really needed, but fun to include IMO.

<----- weight 77kg, CJ 205 kg

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:

Personally, great way to hit different muscle fibers with great bang for your buck. ALso conditions you to a higher workload. Also, they rape my traps.

not really needed, but fun to include IMO.[/quote]

Agreed, they are definitely a lot of fun.

I am not saying that they are useless for all bodybuilders. I just think that some people tend to overstate the benefits of them.

[quote]CJK wrote:

<----- weight 77kg, CJ 205 kg[/quote]

Lol,

I was expecting a photo of either him or Dimas

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
add weight.

My CNS,low back, and gluts are typically fried after doing full cleans.[/quote]

Once I do cleans, I am dead. Especially if they are on the same day as squats. And traps. Damn do they get sore. But more weight will get you feeling tired and sore.

I get more exhausted from power cleans when I do higher reps. During the exercise I feel them working my lower back alot. But the greatest soreness I get in my traps. However, I don’t really understand why they would work your hamstrings, like it is described in TBT.

Why do you care if you get sore? Soreness is not an indicator of effectiveness or recovery so stop worrying about it.

The eccentric portion of the lift is responsible for a large portion of DOMS. Since cleans are pretty much an concentric pull, it won’t make you sore the next day like a heavy set of squats.

Also, people seem to mistake soreness with the usefulness of an exercise…

[quote]stuward wrote:
Why do you care if you get sore? Soreness is not an indicator of effectiveness or recovery so stop worrying about it. [/quote]

I agree. Do cleans if you like/need them. For hypertrophy I’d say there are better movements but for strength and speed I would put cleans at the top. Great to develop conditioning as well.

-chris

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:

not really needed, but fun to include IMO.

Agreed, they are definitely a lot of fun.

I am not saying that they are useless for all bodybuilders. I just think that some people tend to overstate the benefits of them.

[/quote]

Because people on this forum are much more performance orientated, and don’t realise that’s not what professional bodybuilding is about. They want to look like a probodybuilder but want to train like a powerlifter. onemorerep is an exception obviously.

cleans are awesome, used to be one of my fav’s till i tore my ACL…

then tore it a 2nd time 2 years after surgery…

no more O lifts for me :frowning: