T Nation

No Slave Food For Me, Thanks

“And you start reading the labels and you realize there’s high-fructose corn syrup in everything we’re eating. Every jelly, every juice. Everything that’s in a bottle or a package is like poison in a way that most people don’t even know…”

I am fully convinced that a diet consisting of mass-produced, hyper-caloric, nutrient deficient food stuffs will turn a population into a bunch of docile and feeble-minded herd animals.

Remember to vote in Novermber…Bahahahahaha!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

“And you start reading the labels and you realize there’s high-fructose corn syrup in everything we’re eating. Every jelly, every juice. Everything that’s in a bottle or a package is like poison in a way that most people don’t even know…”

I am fully convinced that a diet consisting of mass-produced, hyper-caloric, nutrient deficient food stuffs will turn a population into a bunch of docile and feeble-minded herd animals.

Remember to vote in Novermber…Bahahahahaha![/quote]

If you watch Supernatural at all, last season this very thing was touched on. Basically the big evil guy was putting stuff into the food that made people idiots and want more. Quite funny actually.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Quite funny actually.[/quote]

As Homer Simpson would say, “It’s funny because it’s not me.”

Remember to vote in Novermber…Bahahahahaha![/quote]

If you watch Supernatural at all, last season this very thing was touched on. Basically the big evil guy was putting stuff into the food that made people idiots and want more. Quite funny actually.[/quote]

That was a great plot point. I was a bit surprised they played it out like that when one of their characters eats bacon cheeseburgers every episode (gotta love Supernatural diet logic, by the way: eat fast food and pie - be rail thin with perfect skin. Eat salad - be jacked and tall).

Sorry, not trying to make this a Supernatural thread.

But…but the latest news reports say organic is no better ;)slave food is a good way to describe it.

The more nutrition stuff I read the more I’m confused as to how I’m not obese and weak with eight different kinds of cancer.

Maybe I’m like a character in Supernatural and my power is the ability to thrive exclusively on the worst possible food imaginable.

[quote]csulli wrote:
The more nutrition stuff I read the more I’m confused as to how I’m not obese and weak with eight different kinds of cancer.

Maybe I’m like a character in Supernatural and my power is the ability to thrive exclusively on the worst possible food imaginable.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m wondering the same thing. My diet’s gotten quite a bit cleaner than it used to, but I still eat off the “worst foods at x restaurant” lists. Yes, I want it BECAUSE it has 1750 calories.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Maybe I’m like a character in Supernatural and my power is the ability to thrive exclusively on the worst possible food imaginable.[/quote]

Maybe you are still twenty-something and have not had an entire 4 decades of bad food decisions mess you up yet.

Keep livin’, kid.

[quote]magick62d wrote:
But…but the latest news reports say organic is no better ;)slave food is a good way to describe it.[/quote]

Organic or not, consuming nutritionally bereft food is not a wise longterm life-strategy.

+1 on supernatural…believe it or not, my younger bro started eating clean only a couple of days after that episode.

[quote]csulli wrote:

Maybe you are still twenty-something and have not had an entire 4 decades of bad food decisions mess you up yet.

Keep livin’, kid.[/quote]

Touche…

Monsanto apparently has more power than God.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Monsanto apparently has more power than God. [/quote]

If I knew enough about religion I could make some joke here. Maybe like how Monsanto positions ex-employees among God’s crew.

[quote]magick62d wrote:
But…but the latest news reports say organic is no better ;)slave food is a good way to describe it.[/quote]

Organic or not, consuming nutritionally bereft food is not a wise longterm life-strategy.[/quote]

Totally agree.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Monsanto apparently has more power than God. [/quote]
lol so true! It’s going to be like the first X-files movie soon

[quote]magick62d wrote:

Horrible conclusion. The headlines read the nutritional value is no different and people ran with it. The study came to the same conclusion that at the current state organic does have less pesticides and hormones. What they decided to confuse the public about was that if you ate all organic fruit or all conventional the overall nutritional value would be the same (ex Vitamin C 500mg in both). They also did not mention what do they consider nutritional, as they admitted that organic milk had significantly lower omega 6.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]magick62d wrote:

Horrible conclusion. The headlines read the nutritional value is no different and people ran with it. The study came to the same conclusion that at the current state organic does have less pesticides and hormones. What they decided to confuse the public about was that if you ate all organic fruit or all conventional the overall nutritional value would be the same (ex Vitamin C 500mg in both). They also did not mention what do they consider nutritional, as they admitted that organic milk had significantly lower omega 6.
[/quote]

exactly.

Quite funny actually.[/quote]

As Homer Simpson would say, “It’s funny because it’s not me.”[/quote]

It’s gonna take a lot of fireworks to clean up this mess…

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]magick62d wrote:

[/quote]

Apparently my sarcasm did’t translate well :wink: Of course the media reports are bullshit. Was joking.