No Protein Because of the Volcano

I don’t see that anyone missed your point.

How do you honestly think that people got big and strong before supps were around?

[quote]TheNameisBond wrote:
People seem to have missed the point of my original question…
Obviously I can buy food/protein in Moscow, and have been doing so.
My questions was just about the “theoretical” potential negative impact that hard weight training has on your muscles, without being able to eat before/after training what I would consider a good level of protein (as I would normally do)?

p.s. I managed to get a flight home last night, so my eating problem is solved anyway…[/quote]

You couldn’t walk into a deli before or after working out?

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I’m completely confused! People on vacation in Russia can’t eat protein? They can’t go to a store or diner or restaurant and order a sandwich? [/quote]

I lived and worked in a Russian orphanage this summer for a month and had no problem finding adequate food, and I was three hours outside of Moscow in a very small/impoverished town.

The grocery stores there have plenty of bread, meat, eggs, and produce. I have no idea what your complaining about.[/quote]

Hijack

I’ve always wanted to do something like that but I’m a darky. Probably not a good idea?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I’m completely confused! People on vacation in Russia can’t eat protein? They can’t go to a store or diner or restaurant and order a sandwich? [/quote]

I lived and worked in a Russian orphanage this summer for a month and had no problem finding adequate food, and I was three hours outside of Moscow in a very small/impoverished town.

The grocery stores there have plenty of bread, meat, eggs, and produce. I have no idea what your complaining about.[/quote]

Hijack

I’ve always wanted to do something like that but I’m a darky. Probably not a good idea?[/quote]

I don’t think that would be a problem at all. They are so thankful to have you there that skin color is the last thing their thinking about.

PM me if you have any more questions about service trips to Russia.

People seem to have missed the point of my original question…
Obviously I can buy food/protein in Moscow, and have been doing so.
My questions was just about the “theoretical” potential negative impact that hard weight training has on your muscles, without being able to eat before/after training what I would consider a good level of protein (as I would normally do)?

p.s. I managed to get a flight home last night, so my eating problem is solved anyway…[/quote]

If it’s a short time period where your doing this you’ll be fine…it’s not like you muscle will eat itself completely in a matter of days without it.

But there should be no reason that you can’t keep your protein levels up(even without protein powder if that’s what you were eluding to).

[quote]thejap wrote:

How do you honestly think that people got big and strong before supps were around? [/quote]

Best Post.

Some of my best gains were in college and I used ZERO supplements other than food…yet now guys think they won’t make progress without protein supplements?

If you can buy food, there is no problem.

Yes, the volcano may be evil but acting like you can’t make progress because you won’t eat real food makes about as much sense as building a house right next to a live seething lava filled hole in the ground

Oops.

^ Again completely missing the point…
Who was talking about protein supplements? (p.s. not me…)

I was just interested in understanding the potential impact if, instead of eating say 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fats, your diet only consisted of 5% protein, 65% carbs 30% fats.
Would this have a negative/damaging impact on muscles if you continue to train with heavy weights etc…say for a period of several weeks…since the muscles do not get enough protein to repair etc…?

[quote]thejap wrote:

How do you honestly think that people got big and strong before supps were around? [/quote]
You’re lost my friend.

^ Again completely missing the point…
Who was talking about protein supplements? (p.s. not me…)

I was just interested in understanding the potential impact if, instead of eating say 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fats, your diet only consisted of 5% protein, 65% carbs 30% fats.
Would this have a negative/damaging impact on muscles if you continue to train with heavy weights etc…say for a period of several weeks…since the muscles do not get enough protein to repair etc…?

[/quote]

No one could possibly answer this question with any specifics because how you gain muscle (the amount or rate) is VARIABLE based on genetics, caloric intake, hormonal profile, and training.

Some bodybuilder could gain mostly muscle eating nothing but largely carbohydrates. It isn’t like the muscle you gain is only dependent on the protein you eat during a limited period of time.

Once again, no one missed your point because if this was some random question about how protein affects muscle gains, the volcano would have nothing to do with this. The examples you chose are out of left field.

50% protein?

Your body does NOT just grow because of the protein you eat. Yes, you could eat almost NO protein and gain muscle especially if your essential amino acids were attained. Your genetics/metabolism have more to do with how you acquire muscle than just food intake.

May i introduce the natures very own bodybuilder…

he is freaking large and eats no meat at all !

he only eats grass and hes BEEFCAAAAAAAAAAKE !

so ill say yes it can be done !