T Nation

No Protein Because of the Volcano

So I am stuck in Moscow due to the cloud of volcanic ash drifting across Europe. My hotel has a gym with half decent machines, but getting anything like a good level of protein is a nightmare (difficult to find, expensive etc.). So my question is, is it good to train (hard) when you cannot really eat protein? Does it have negative impacts on muscles when you cannot eat protein after etc?

Steak?
Chicken?
Tuna?
Milk?

Mushina ty in MOCKBA. I’m jealous!

1. buy a loaf of bread and cut in half
  2. eat all the white stuff
  3. open 2 cans off tuna and get rid of water
  4. put the tuna inside the crispy stuff(1 in each half)
  5. wrap the crispy stuff so it makes 2 balls
  6. eat and get protein !

Eat a drunken Muscovite.

Yeah man, just get some tuna. Which street are you staying at? Tell me and I’ll be able to give you better info.

What exactly do Russians eat? Just soup and bread?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
What exactly do Russians eat? Just soup and bread?[/quote]

and salads which are made with mostly potato and mayo.

OP,

Low protein consumption will slow your recovery and hinder your gains. However there have been successful vegetarian bodybuilders, Bill Pearl comes to mind.

Seek out a vegetarian bodybuilding website, someone on one of their forums can better help you out.

I would just get canned food. In Russia lots of things come canned. I don’t know about the price but it can’t be too expensive.

no IHOP’S near you?

This has got to be one of the best thread titles of the year.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
This has got to be one of the best thread titles of the year.[/quote]

haha i agree

Hahahaha title…

But why would you think not to train hard because of a lack of a supplement? Meat. Eggs. Dairy. Meat. Eggs. The original protein.

I’m completely confused! People on vacation in Russia can’t eat protein? They can’t go to a store or diner or restaurant and order a sandwich?

This place is getting creepier and fucking creepier.

I can’t believe you can’t find milk, some kind of cheese, meat and fish in Moscow. Or maybe you’re not allowed to leave your hotel because your visa expired or something? Ask somebody from the staff of your hotel to buy food for you.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I’m completely confused! People on vacation in Russia can’t eat protein? They can’t go to a store or diner or restaurant and order a sandwich? [/quote]

I lived and worked in a Russian orphanage this summer for a month and had no problem finding adequate food, and I was three hours outside of Moscow in a very small/impoverished town.

The grocery stores there have plenty of bread, meat, eggs, and produce. I have no idea what your complaining about.

I purposely train without protein just to show my body that I’m not a puss

People seem to have missed the point of my original question…
Obviously I can buy food/protein in Moscow, and have been doing so.
My questions was just about the “theoretical” potential negative impact that hard weight training has on your muscles, without being able to eat before/after training what I would consider a good level of protein (as I would normally do)?

p.s. I managed to get a flight home last night, so my eating problem is solved anyway…