No Promises This Time

^I agree with all of the above. Great work as always.

1 Like

Thank you.

Main things I took away from my first meet of this year was I really wasn’t feeling “the pop”. It’s a matter of explosiveness and I felt “slow” is the only way to explain it. So I’ve only got 10 days to my next meet so forgetting heavy and going for for quickness.
Today
Snatch - 95 x 10, 115 x 8, 135 x 6 (reset after each lift)
Cleans - 115, 135 x 8, 155 x 6 (reset after each)
standing sng arm db press - 35, 40 x 8, 45 x 6 (very fast, ea arm)
hammer curls to shoulders - 35 x 10 x 3
Hypers w/25# - lots time 3
Ran some short sprints (or a A reasonable facsimile of).
Don’t know what I hit to send this to you Crippler!

13 Likes

Congrats on a great performance in the meet and a fantastic weekend overall! Setting records at any age is extremely impressive!

1 Like

Is there a possibility that you might have mis-timed your sugar rush/caffeine intake, and your attempts occurred as you were coming “down”? Just a random thought.

:rofl:

1 Like

It goes back to my “fast arm”. I’m rushing the arm strike. I’m not completing the leg drive, torque and pivot before initiating the arm strike. Same in the discus. I’m letting my throwing arm drift out through the turn. Tried talking myself through it today. Sounds kinda like Mel Gibson in Braveheart in my head, “hold,hold,hold,now.” Worked on a couple of throws. Now, repetition.

6 Likes

Supoose to get rain tomorrow so head out to do some throwing.
Discus
6 power position
6 half circle throws -face rear of circle pivot into throw. Working on torque and delayed delivery. (That’s alright, I don’t know what you’re all talking about half the time either.)
18 full throws

Shot - 4 Power position
4 half circle throws
12 full throws
6 x 400m run
Good session.

14 Likes

Makes perfect sense, because I watch a lot of baseball. Lots of commentary on how, if pitchers let their front shoulder “fly out” too quickly, they lose both velocity and control -hips don’t lie!

2 Likes

The delivery of the overhand pitch is almost identical to the javelin throw. Minus the 30m run up of course.

1 Like

Can’t believe I haven’t mentioned Ryan Crouser broke the WR in the Shot Put at the LA Grand Prix. Threw 23.56m. That’s not even human.
Nothing but a leisurely 45min swim today. Have to save my strength. Zydeco starts at the Knights of columbus Hall at 800 pm tonight. For those of you who’ve never had the pleasure. Jo-El Sonnier: Evangeline Special (Live) - YouTube

7 Likes

Sunday -
Deadlift - 135wu, 225 x 10, 315 x 8 (full stop at bottom, fast up)
Hypers - 3 x max w/35#
Bench 135 wu, 185 x 12 x 4 (stop on chest, press fast as I can)
smith incline – 110wu, 175 x 12 x 3
Cables (High to low) 40 x 15 x 3
incline flys (straight arm) - 25 x 12 x 3
cgb - 135 x 12, 185 x 10, 225 x 8
overhead tri ext (rope) - 100 x 12 x 3
Chance of rain for the next few days so will throw when I can.

11 Likes

We went to the Highland Games yesterday and I thought about you. That was some very cool stuff to watch.

1 Like

In case you haven’t seen this:

4 Likes

I’ve watched this a lot and can’t figure out what his new “Crouser slide” is. The guy is unbelievable. Everytime I practice now I run the tape out to 77" 3 3/4"/23.56m and it’s just unbelievable.

4 Likes

I do miss it but the way most non-nation/international level gatherings work there are three or four categories. There may be a professional category in large meets if there are enough sponsors. All meets have A class, B class, Seniors. You’ve had to met certain distance to be in the A’s. B’s are pretty much all others and seniors start at 40. My last gathering I was around 64 and it’s hard to keep up with someone 40 years old.

6 Likes

Yesterday couldn’t wait no longer. Temp got up to near 90f/32c and I heard the Sirens call from the river. Just the way I like it. Still a little cool. Did a 1500m round trip. No damn chlorine. Got to get back in shape for the Philippines. Ran 2 miles around the neighborhood later in the evening.

Today - Lots of throwing. Concentrating on timing and delaying the arm strike. Meets in Birmingham this Saturday. Check in starts at 800am, 115m/118km so have to leave a little early.

10 Likes

Light easy workout.
Snatch - 95, 115, 135 x 6 (reset after each lift)
Cleans/press - 115, 135, 155 x 5 (reset after each)
Hypers w/25# - 3 sets
That was it. If it doesn’t rain tomorrow some light throwing and that’ll be it til Saturday. Saturday’s predicted to be bone dry and hot.

11 Likes

Didn’t rain and parts of the state are considered to been in draught conditions. (To you English that’s like when you go 3 days without rain).
Went to the field and did some very light throwing. Only worked on timing and my “Hold, hold, hold. now” technique. Ran 6 laps (1600m) and that was it. Nothing but getting the equipment ready tomorrow. Watching Arnold’s new 3 part documentary tonight. Trivia: For those of you who remember the pre-superstar Arnold movie “Stay Hungry” it was filmed in Birmingham a few blocks from where I’ll be competing.

9 Likes

And for Aussies it looks like this

6 Likes

Good luck Harry! We will ve waiting in anticipation.

1 Like