No Promises This Time

Mystery Cake! It was already my birthday “Down Under” when Simo wished me one.

2 Likes

I think if several of us got together for a sip or two it would make for an epic bar night.

1 Like

Thanks for all the birthday greetings. Hard for me to believe I turned 68 today. Don’t feel a day over 67 yet. My last birthday present from the military was invading Iraq on this day in 2003. I was a young, dumb 48 then. Think that was my last air assault and fast-roping too.
Anyway, hit the throwing area with the sun comming up. 27f out. Got in some good throwing. Channeled Björn Rickard “Ricky” Bruch. Great Swedish discus thrower who would clear snow and melt the off his ring to be able to practice.
So the brothers and the wife say the have something planned for tonight. So it’s nap time til then.

9 Likes

this is wild. you present as 30 years younger.

1 Like

48?!! I bet they only let you do it because you were still kickin’ arse and takin’ names, so the powers that be just assumed you were a lot younger LOL.

I’m in awe.

3 Likes

Happy belated birthday! You are an inspiration to me. If I could do half of what you do when I’m your age I would be quite pleased. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Sounds good, ill bring the poteen…you bring the tabasco lol

1 Like

Belated Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one

1 Like

Happy Birthday. Where I live Cajuns don’t age at all.

1 Like

Happy birthday youngster.

1 Like

Thank you. After 30 years in the military and sustaining numerous injuries I found that doing nothing is what kills you. After about 3 week after retirement and doing nothing but sit on my butt I remembered someone saying “do something every day no matter how little”, and headed back to the gym. My return to the bench press was embarassing to say the least. Couple months later back to swimming amd then back into my martial arts. My last senior Olympics there were 10 competitors in the 95 to 99 and 4 in the 100-104 age category. I want to be those guys someday. Sorry for being long winded as I tend to do.

5 Likes

They do but just lie about their age.

They still make some good White Lightning around here.

1 Like

Never stop and sit still and you will be.

1 Like

They were just afraid to leave me alone back at the base. I could get into some real trouble then.

1 Like

Thanks so much.

1 Like

So, Thanks to all for the birthday wishes. We’ll call yesterday a deload day. All us brothers, several nephews, wives and assorted cousins, etc. met at #3 brothers château (it’s a damn shack!) on Lake Guntersville. Lot of young ones stopped by and had to leave it being a Monday night. Giant bon fire, trout and catfish were the main course, assorted sides and other libations. I almost felt young when someone pointed out in about 6 months when #5 brother turns 70 I’ll be the last brother in his 60’s. (I hear Rod Stewart singing “Forever Young” in my head.)

Hit the gym today.
DL - 135wu, 225 x 5, 315 x 6 x 3
hypers - 3 x max w/25 plate
Power cleans - 145 x 6 x 3
Press from rack - bar wu, 135, 155, 175 x 2, 145 x 6
cable front raise - 20wu, 30 x 8, 40 x 8, 50 x 6
hammer curls – 35 x 12, 40 x 10, 45 x 8
reverse curls (Ez bar) - 110 x 10 x 3
Cable overhand wrist curls 30, 40, 50 x max ea.

10 Likes

Ah yes…we call that paint stripper lol

1 Like

Please don’t be.

going to butcher the saying you’ll know what I mean…

“experience isn’t the best teacher, listening to others about their experiences is the best teacher.”

2 Likes

You’re considering living to 100+? Bet it’s mostly mental attitude for people in as good a shape as you are. You have plenty to live for and no medical issues.

Oldest guy in my gym is 80 and works out like he’s 60. Whenever he tells me he doesn’t want to live past 85 I start laughing. He started scuba diving around the world in his upper 60s. He’s living life to the fullest but I don’t see him competing in anything if he turns l00. Then there’s the really strong 30 something guy I spot on bench telling me he skydives… I feel like a rock outside gym.

1 Like