No Promises This Time

Just got through reading most the posts on here and realize I’ve got no idea what most are talking about. May be time to do a MacArthur. Shoulders and arms today.

Lol. Mate it went up and you are still putting a whole lot of us to shame. Nice bloody work sir.

2 Likes

Yesterday- swim, run, kata for 1.5 hour. Exhausted after.
Today
Standing press from rack-bar wu, 135x12x4
cable lat raises- 20x12,25x10,30x8x2
rear delt machine -80x12x4
face pulls -80x12x4
ez curls-bar+70x12x3
hammer curls, 25,30,35x12
Coffee in the sauna with owner cousin Mike. Discussed and solved world hunger, climate change, world peace in our time, lack of good crawdads this time of year and how Grand-mère Love never did make no “Cajun Ribeye” or “Cajun Filet Mignon” down in Vermilion Parish. Know a lot of people on here work out (or is the current phrase “train”) at home and I give them full credit for that dedication. I just really love the gym atmosphere. Been a big constant in my life and I just like being there. Henry Rollins always comes back to me, “The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two
hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” Wow, wordy tonight.

4 Likes

I’m always a little jealous when some of y’all talk about loving the gym atmosphere. I have been to both gyms here and with the exception of one guy, no one says a word. You could pin yourself with 225 and not a soul would offer to help. They would let you suffocate and die before taking their earbuds out and help. I think there has been too much crap on the internet about just shut up and train, no talking etc…

1 Like

I just shed a tear for you. I’d work out at home, too. My primary gym is owned by my cousin Mike and lots of the people “training” there are either related to us or we know them or their family. Known some of the younger ones since they were born. Mike’s always out on the gym floor and it’s pretty hard to get too serious with him around. Make’s damn good coffee, too. Lot of banter an encouagement. Very positive atmosphere. To paraphrase Toby, “I love this gym”.

1 Like

Bench-135wu, 185x12, 225x7,245x5,265x2, 285x1x4 (strict)
smith incline-110x12, 180, 200 x 10
flyes-25,30,35x10
cgb - 135x13, 185,205x8
lat pulldowns -110,120,130x12
seated row-100,110,120x12
shrugs- 45 in each hand x max x 4
I sit here in constant sorrow (nod to Allison Krause &Union Station) as I’ve learned recently my years of training have been for naught. Past performances are but dust in the wind (nod to Kansas). I stand humbled. Having read the “10 Things Ever Lifter Should Be Able To Do” by Dan John I find myself wanting. Though 9 of the 10 were relatively easy, 9 ain’t 10 and not being horseshoes or hand gernades almost don’t count. My failure happened at number 4 – Sleep With Only One Pillow. Though it shames me I use 2! And yes, I’ve even used 3! I should be shunned by the lifting world. Wait, gotta go, time for Svengoolie. "The Invisible Woman"s on tonight.

5 Likes

Let us bow our heads in shame and penance for our sin, my Brothers of Two Pillow Slumber.

1 Like

After lunch got to swim for most of 1.5 hours cause there were no reservations on the lanes. Finished with about 20 minutes of breast stroke. Came home and did a 2 mile run through the woods near the wetland area. Weather was cold, overcast and dreary as hell. Loved it. Started the day with the whole clan taking Mutti to church. Took up 4 pews. Big brother Remi threatened me if I were to sing.Talent is never appreciated.

3 Likes

Press- bar wu, 135 x 8, 155x6, 175 x4, 195x2, 215x1x3
rear delt machine -80x12x4
face pulls -80x12x4
ez curls-bar+70x12x3
reverse curls (ez bar) 50x12x3

1 Like

Good pressing, boss.
Almost makes me jealous how quick it comes back for you.

1 Like

Good swim and run today. Getting ready to join up with the rest of the family and head out to Midnight mass. Busy tomorrow so let me wish every one a safe and merry Christmas.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas Harry!

1 Like

Merry Christmas sir.

1 Like

Hope you had a great Christmas Harry.

1 Like

I did. Thanks. Hope you had a good one, too.

1 Like

And to you also.

Thank You. Hope yours was good, too.

1 Like

Had a great Christmas. First one I’ve spend with my family on this side of the Pacific in three years. After midnight mass on Christmas Eve spend a couple of hours on messenger celebrating Christmas with the relatives in the Philippines. We bought 500 kilos of rice and 50 kilos of chicken and our nephews handed it out to families in the neighborhood who’ve had a hard time not working because of the coronavirus. Course we had to hand out a little christmas cheer, too. Our boys doing the PI version of sandbag carry. Santa’s little helpers. Hitting the gym tomorrow.

alki

7 Likes

Swam, ran, kataed and lifted. Okay, we’re up to date.
Today:

Power clean (knees) -bar x wu, 135 x 6, 155x5, 175 x 4, 195 x 2, 205 x 1
Seated DB press (been a while) - 25 wu, 35, 40 x12, 45 x 10
rear delt machine -80 x12 x 4
face pulls -80 x12 x 4
Seated DB curls - 20wu, 25,30 x12, 35 x 8
reverse curls (ez bar) 50x12x3

2 Likes

Reversed the order today and did a 1.5 mile run followed by an hour of swimming. Everyone have a good New Years.

2 Likes