No More Pink 2lb Dumbbells

[quote]Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’m yet to train in a gym that doesnt allow deadlifting. And I’ve trained in a few in SE Asia, Slovenia, Australia, England and Canada.

The pink dumbbells are for someone who can’t lift the purple ones. I’ve use them with a 93 year old lady with shoulder problems.[/quote]
But if you are using the pink dumbbells on top of a therapy ball on top of a vibrating plate while doing single leg squats…

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Andrew Dixon wrote:
I’m yet to train in a gym that doesnt allow deadlifting. And I’ve trained in a few in SE Asia, Slovenia, Australia, England and Canada.

The pink dumbbells are for someone who can’t lift the purple ones. I’ve use them with a 93 year old lady with shoulder problems.
But if you are using the pink dumbbells on top of a therapy ball on top of a vibrating plate while doing single leg squats…
[/quote]

That’s functional alright…

I know the gym you are referring to. The discriminate against bodybuilding. They do not have weights above 70 lbs and they have a grunt meter!!! It a sissy gym.

I’d set off alarms if people were yelling too, yelling just isn’t good for your lifts. Grunting is kind of subjective thing…if it is air escaping as you exhale and it sounds like a grunt it’s okay, but if you’re just doing it for no reason then maybe they think you’re in trouble.