No More Excuses

You’re right, I know this and I’ve not been doing it.

Nothing to it but to do it, thanks for pointing this out to me.

Leg day was a couple days ago, went like this:

Squats: 72KG 1X22

That was it. Wanted to test myself, really felt those in the quads this time. Got a video of 15 reps it’ll get edited into the post when I figure out how to get the file size down.

Im wondering if higher reps might actually be better suited for the legs considering we use
them for getting us about.

Bench: 60KG @ 2X8 / 1X9
Flys: 10KG @ 3X10
Dumbell Press: 1X12 @ 16KG
Dumbell Shoulder Press: 16KG @ 3x8
Skullcrushers: 22KG @ 2x7 1X11
Side raise: 3 X 8 @ 8KG [Last set saw a lot of cheating]

Need to increase the weight on the bench press, dumbell bench felt better than push ups which I can do on rest days. Will use it as a finishing set for chest.

Replacing bent over raises now for side raises cause I have narrow shoulders and want broader ones. Always avoided them cause they were hard for me… well I guess thats even more reason to do them! A few clunks from the shoulders, this normal for the first few ties or something? Not painful, just felt loike ligaments moving or something.

[quote]ginger_spartan wrote:
Im wondering if higher reps might actually be better suited for the legs considering we use
them for getting us about. [/quote]

I say train for both!

Back Bi’s

Hang Cleans: 3X3 @ 62KG
Chin Ups: 3X8
Dumbell Rows: 3X8 @ 20KG
Straight Bar Curls: 2X6 1X8 @ 32KG

Chins were hard after the hang cleans, really pumped my upper back up. Had a lot of strength from a dead hang but it slowed half way up and getting the chin over the bar was hard.

Didnt feel felt bent rows or deadlifts today cause my back has been sore from doing a huge service on my motorbike, a lot of bending over and to the side in funny ways - just feels like it could do with a rest. Also enjoyed a nice different workout, upper back is thrashing!

Day off then back to legs.

LEGS:

Front squats: 50KG 3X6
Walking Lunges: 3X10 w/ 2x 5KG plates
SLDL: 52KG 3X10

Need to find a way of doing front squats that doesn’t kill my shoulders.

Random workout!

Incline Bench: 2X6 @ 60KG
Flat Dumbell Bench: 3X10 @ 14KG
Military Press 3X7 @ 42KG
Skullcrushers 3X7 @ 25KG
Squats 2X5 @ 80KG

Had a workout with a friend today. I did a lot more explosive reps and focused on form a lot, the numbers up there are just a guide as to the maxes I did on each movement.

Weight: 155lbs

I’ve done a few workouts but havnt had the time to update this and cant remember the specifics of what I did. In other news however, I arm wrestled someone after a few too many drinks several times, and got my ass kicked… and also, worst of all, strained all the ligaments near my elbow on my right arm making all upper body work impossible so I’m just trying to do a little each day. I’ll updatemy log when the numbers are worth posting.

Yesterday I did this:

Deadlifts 3X8 @ 80KG
Incline bench: 8X3 @ 56KG
Pull ups: 2X7 1X3

Arm is feeling a little better but still hurts when I start to get heavy. I need to get to training properly again this is driving me crazy.

Mate keep it up. I have started to cook food in bulk and i have found it to be one
of the most productive things i have done. For example a big massive pot from a store,
and just throw in all fresh ingredients with your chosen meat and then freeze the meals
in little cartons you can get from tescos or asda, real cheap mate and i dont miss a meal.

Cook three different meals in the big massive pot and then freeze them in 12 containers
for each meal, you will never miss a meal and will be eating loads. Also try this site
for cheap supplements, i have just made a powerful supplement for 60 pounds that will
last for six months just reading the ingredients on the back of a 40 pound powerful
supplement that will only last half a month and it doesnt have protein in it either!
myprotein.co.uk, shipping will be cheap for you as well cuz your in mainland. Since
the better organisation and consistent intake all my exercises have started to go up
substantially including my squat which is at 110kgs now and rising. Maybe the missus
will make them for you :smiley:

Good luck with the shoulder mate. Hope you get better.

Good news!

Shoulder and elbow still hurts sometimes but I worked up to a 65KG incline bench for 4 reps today with no pain so I’m happy at that! Rest of the session was just some light deadlifting working on speed with something like a 3" deficit cause of the size of my plates… I’m working on building a platform so the bar ends up at the right height for deadlifting. Hopefully then I can start pulling heavier.

Weight is at 154lbs in the morning, I dont think I’ve gained any fat while trying to put on some muscle so I’m happy about that. I need to find a way of slowing my metabolism or way of life down, 3300kcals still barely keeps the scale going upwards.

Squats: 1X10 80KG // 3X3 102KG
Pull Ups: 6/7/4

Arm still isnt great but the elbow pain is almost gone - it’s just the shoulder thats still a problem. I’ll keep on lifting, eating and taking it steady with that arm until its feeling a little better. Form on the bench has improved and I’m starting to really enjoy heavier squats now I’ve got used to it. I feel much steadier and feel them in my quads and core a lot more so I must be doing something better than before.

Weight before lunch today: 156lbs

A lot has happened in the last six months. Breakups, job worries, I’ve had to move house and injuries… but now I’m in a position where I can train again.

Today:

Shoulder Press: 3X6 42KG
Incline Bench: 3X8 42KG
Dips: 2X10

Nothing fancy or too difficult, just getting my body used to some movements again. Lets make some progress.

Jogged home roughly a mile from work for some recovery and general conditioning.

Weight 156.

Warm up jog, bit of stretching

Hill sprint followed by short jog X 3

SQUATS

1X8 50KG
1X8 60KG
2X6 70KG

Incredibly wiped out from running as hard as I could up the hill a few times. My aim right now is to get a good strength base in key exersized while trying to improve my cardio slightly.

Legs are still sore from the other day, didnt realise how out of shape I’ve become!

Back:

Hang cleans: 3X6 55KG
Dumbell rows: 3X8 17KG , like a giant set I guess there was no rest.

Grip struggled half way through the chins, the hang cleans always hit me hard. Not ready to deadlift from the squats yet, plus my “upper shelf” leaves a lot to be desired. I have almost no traps!

Chest Tri’s and Shoulders:

Shoulder Press: 3X4 45KG
Incline Bench: 3X8 50KG
Dips: 2X7

Struggled with the shoulder press after warming up with a poultry 30KG. I’ll blame this on killing my upper back yesterday and then being up at 5AM for work, where I ended up shifting some moderately heavy boxes around for 3-4 hours - plus the rest of the 9 hours.

Eating well and sleeping better than I normally do. A multivit and omega 3’s are making a big impact on my well being. Zinc and Magnesium before bed seems to help me sleep better also so I’ll be keeping all of those.

Weight: 157lbs

Legs and stuff:

3 hill sprints
3X6 wide grip pull ups
4X6 52KG incline press / 2X6 62KG
2X8 45KG squats / 1X20 45KG Squats

Not got much chance to workout, managed this anyway.

Back:

Deadlifts: lots of warm ups to work on my form, then did doubles a few times with 80, 90, and 100KG.
Shoulder Press: 3X6 45KG

Got to sleep at 5AM last night, deadlifts were pretty hard.