No More Eggs!

I’ve been eating close to a carton of eggs for breakfast everyday for years; I can’t take it anymore. What do you guys eat for breakfast besides eggs? Or, any suggestions on how to spice up my eggs?

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
I’ve been eating close to a carton of eggs for breakfast everyday for years; I can’t take it anymore. What do you guys eat for breakfast besides eggs? Or, any suggestions on how to spice up my eggs?[/quote]

I started making eggs benedict, but instead of serving the poached egg on an english muffin, I put it on top of a small (2 to 3 ounce) piece of flank steak. and intead of traditional Holendaise (or however you spell it) Sauce, I make a better alternative with greek yogurt, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil.

You basically poach a couple of eggs while pan searing your 2 Flank steak medallions (I pre cut mine and refrigerate in a covered glass container) whip up a half cup of greek yogurt, a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.

Stack your eggs on your steaks and layer on the sauce. Can’t take credit for the recipe but it’ll make for some variety.

WHat dietary regime are you following currently? keto?

Assuming keto - you need: bacon, eggs, italian seasoning and hot sauce.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
I’ve been eating close to a carton of eggs for breakfast everyday for years; I can’t take it anymore. What do you guys eat for breakfast besides eggs? Or, any suggestions on how to spice up my eggs?[/quote]

Bowl of Oatmeal, 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive, 2 Tbsp Natty PB :slight_smile:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S
[/quote]

OMG That sounds heavenly…won’t be able to indulge until after my cut :frowning: Peanut butter pretty much goes well with anything. I’m pretty sure I read peanut butter and canned tuna is part of a T-Nation diet.

Eggs with PB on top gets it done for me. Or low carb ketchup. When I went low carb for a year, mixing up the topping(s) every once in awhile definitely helped.

Sambal Oelek, it’s an Indonesian spicy condiment that is the bomb diggity. Careful though, it’s pretty hot.

Nice big steak (has the protein and fats as you didn’t mention eggwhites).
I dont mind eating steak anytime of the day.

Egg white omelet with veggies, ketchup or hot sauce on top. My staple.
Also: shakshuka. Moroccan stuff. Scramble eggs in one pan, in the other pan sautee onions, tomatoes, zucchini, and as much hot sauce as you can handle. Eat them together.

try some cinnamon and stevia on the eggs, sugar free pancake syrup, or maybe green chile sauce, tabasco sauce, low carb/low fat ranch dressing, hard to tell depending on whether you want a sweet breakfast or a savory one.

i’m the same way with the eggs, i get them when i’m low on funds for the month, they are cheap and if you just have the whites with the occasional yolk quite good for ya. you can mix egg whites and protein powder together, add a little sweetener and make them like pancakes too, they are quite good, a bit differnat in texture of course but low carb protein pancakes, you can add sugar free crap on it too-jelly,syrup, or butter if your doing it AD or low carb

cheese makes things livable too. onions, crap like that. for me though i really really really get sick of the egg burps later in the day. makes me depressed and sad a the state of things:P

try some cinnamon and stevia on the eggs, sugar free pancake syrup, or maybe green chile sauce, tabasco sauce, low carb/low fat ranch dressing, hard to tell depending on whether you want a sweet breakfast or a savory one.

i’m the same way with the eggs, i get them when i’m low on funds for the month, they are cheap and if you just have the whites with the occasional yolk quite good for ya. you can mix egg whites and protein powder together, add a little sweetener and make them like pancakes too, they are quite good, a bit differnat in texture of course but low carb protein pancakes, you can add sugar free crap on it too-jelly,syrup, or butter if your doing it AD or low carb

cheese makes things livable too. onions, crap like that. for me though i really really really get sick of the egg burps later in the day. makes me depressed and sad a the state of things:P

S
[/quote]

Also a huge fan of oatmeal, chocolate protein powder and frozen berries. Oh man that shit is good when you need a break from eggs.

I only eat eggs on the weekends for the same damn reason. I’m eating 2 scoops whey, 1 cup milk, enough water to fill the blender, some ice, 1 cup oats, and 3 tbs of natty smooth peanut butter or almond butter as of late. Never been better.

hahaha

i got to that point too.

i just couldn’t finish or even look at eggs for about 4 months. so i started making massive shakes in the morning and then 4mo later was able to have eggs for DINNER instead. with lots of meat and cheese.

does anyone else eat eggs for dinner? it makes more nutritional sense to have it then. I get 550 calories with 4 eggs, 2oz cheese and 2oz of ham and some fish oil caps for dinner and it’s got plenty of good fats too.

I work out in the morning, so here’s what I do. I mix 6 whole eggs (I get them from my Grandpa who still raises his own chickens on a farm, it’s pretty sweet), a cup of oats, a cup of cottage cheese, cinnamin, and some coconut oil in a blender with a little milk, then drink about half before and half after my workout. It’s a boatload of calories, and tastes awesome, kind of like pancake batter.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
hahaha

i got to that point too.

i just couldn’t finish or even look at eggs for about 4 months. so i started making massive shakes in the morning and then 4mo later was able to have eggs for DINNER instead. with lots of meat and cheese.

does anyone else eat eggs for dinner? it makes more nutritional sense to have it then. I get 550 calories with 4 eggs, 2oz cheese and 2oz of ham and some fish oil caps for dinner and it’s got plenty of good fats too.[/quote]

Yeah I make 6-8 egg omelettes for dinner all the time. Last night I had 6 eggs with handful of chopped sauteed zucchini with a little bit of ketchup on top.

also X2 on the oatmeal + protein powder and berries. one of my favs.

This morning I had ground turkey with mustard, pancakes and a couple whole eggs for breakfast.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
hahaha

i got to that point too.

does anyone else eat eggs for dinner? it makes more nutritional sense to have it then. I get 550 calories with 4 eggs, 2oz cheese and 2oz of ham and some fish oil caps for dinner and it’s got plenty of good fats too.[/quote]

If i have time, i make eggs pre-bed. But i agree about the macros… much better late in the day. Some days i’ll do chicken for breakfast and eggs for dinner.

I like protien pancakes.

1 cup oats
2 tbsp milled flax seed
1 tbsp unsweatened cocoa powder
4 whole eggs.
1 scoop protien powder.
enough milk to give it a thick pancake batter consistency.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Heat a skillet to medium. Oil the skillet and cook until done on both sides. about 5 min on one side and about 2 min on the other side.

Cut up some strawberries, blueberrys, etc… and you’ve got a pretty tasty breakfast.

I’ve done eggs for dinner. Hell, when I was cutting for a show, I was putting away eggs for breakfast, snacking on hardboiled whites during the day, and making another omlette for dinner. If you want more clas, add turkey, cheese, even pepeproni (a favorite of mine). If you want less cals, use mostly whites, and use ‘filler’ vegetables (I use raw broccoli).

S

I’ve done eggs for dinner. Hell, when I was cutting for a show, I was putting away eggs for breakfast, snacking on hardboiled whites during the day, and making another omlette for dinner. If you want more clas, add turkey, cheese, even pepeproni (a favorite of mine). If you want less cals, use mostly whites, and use ‘filler’ vegetables (I use raw broccoli).

S
[/quote]

Yah, I usually eat mine as my last meal 6 whites, 2 whole and filler veggies broccoli, asparagus or spinach but I am thinking that I might switch to an Egg Protein shake after my comps are over so I don’t have to cook as much!