T Nation

No Mood Effect On HOT-ROX?

My boyfriend has been raving about HOT-ROX, how he’s sold for life, he’s always happy, how it’s the best thing ever. I told him I was about to reorder Spike but he told me to try some HOT-ROX first.

I’ve already tried it twice on an empty stomach and gave it plenty of time - honestly, I didn’t feel any of that “feel good” stuff or anything else at all. I feel perfectly normal. I always feel Spike fine. Is that strange?

Anyway, probably just going to reorder my Spike…

[quote]CLewis wrote:
My boyfriend has been raving about HOT-ROX, how he’s sold for life, he’s always happy, how it’s the best thing ever. I told him I was about to reorder Spike but he told me to try some HOT-ROX first.

I’ve already tried it twice on an empty stomach and gave it plenty of time - honestly, I didn’t feel any of that “feel good” stuff or anything else at all. I feel perfectly normal. I always feel Spike fine. Is that strange?

Anyway, probably just going to reorder my Spike…[/quote]

How long has he been using it? Every time I start a new bottle (after taking some time off from it), I get that feeling. Goes away once I’m used to it.

I don’t feel much from Spike either, other than feeling perfectly normal. Which is awesome, since Spike lets me feel perfectly normal on 4 hours of sleep.

Not strange at all really. It’s all individual. May also be a placebo effect.

It’s generally a bad idea to judge a supplement by “feel”, especially if its purpose isn’t to induce some noticeable feeling.

[quote]vroom wrote:
It’s generally a bad idea to judge a supplement by “feel”, especially if its purpose isn’t to induce some noticeable feeling.[/quote]

This is true. The only “feeling” I get when I eat a Metabolic Drive bar is a sudden urge to drool and sigh like Homer Simpson in front of Dunkin’ Donuts, but I’m still going to eat Metabolic Drive bars.

If product A is intended for result B, you can’t be upset that you don’t also get result C. You wouldn’t expect greater fat loss from taking Spike, correct?

Oh, and since you mentioned re-ordering Spike, that reminded me…Spike Shooters are back in stock. Yee-Haw!!!

[quote]CLewis wrote:
My boyfriend has been raving about HOT-ROX, how he’s sold for life, he’s always happy, how it’s the best thing ever. I told him I was about to reorder Spike but he told me to try some HOT-ROX first.

I’ve already tried it twice on an empty stomach and gave it plenty of time - honestly, I didn’t feel any of that “feel good” stuff or anything else at all. I feel perfectly normal. I always feel Spike fine. Is that strange?

Anyway, probably just going to reorder my Spike…[/quote]

I get the kick from HOT-ROX Extreme. I take 2 at a time. Energy and mental clarity. Good stuff.

How many HOT-ROX did you take at one time? I find the feeling off 1 capsule to be nominal.

I have to disagree with Vroom on this. When I take a stimulant I expect to feel something from it. Unlike dietary supplements like Whey, or ZMA; a stimulant such as HOT-ROX or Spike is something I expect to feel.

What good is a stimulant you feel nothing from? Many Americans certainly do not drink coffee because it tastes good.

I’m thinking that HRX is not designed to give you the same kick that Spike does. If it did I’d be worried about you.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
I’m thinking that HRX is not designed to give you the same kick that Spike does. If it did I’d be worried about you.[/quote]

Ithink the same kick in any 2 items is hard to get, but HOT-ROX does have an effect on mental state.

This is from the HOT-ROX information page. I didn’t see any reason to read any further than this:

“It’s like taking a happy pill that makes fat disappear!”

That’s exactly what the BF said - “It’s like I’m taking a mood-enhancing drug, and weight loss is a side-effect.”

[quote]CLewis wrote:
That’s exactly what the BF said - “It’s like I’m taking a mood-enhancing drug, and weight loss is a side-effect.”[/quote]

Hmmm… I guess people are just more sensitive to stimulants than I am. I feel a nice jolt of energy from Spike (I don’t take this regularly and not currently using it). I really don’t feel energy or mood enhancement from HRX. Sometimes it gives me some mild nausea, other times it makes me sweat a little, but usually I don’t feel much of anything.