No Marriage For Muscleheads

[quote]perseng wrote:
“Women really associated the extreme levels of muscularity with high levels of narcissism and self involvement,”

And what… may I ask is wrong with narcissism?[/quote]

It makes you want to be more than you are, which deeply offends people if you actually achieve it. They think it is not fair.

Hmm, this study doesn’t look to explicitly address attractiveness. But that’s what I’ve seen from all similar studies on the same issue in the past. Oh, well.

Prof said:

“…I rarely just see tons of in shape athletic women just walking around randomly. I see tons of the average “scrape their house-shoes when they walk” 50lbs overweight and constantly dieting type. It really isn’t a stretch that the latter would feel more comfortable with someone just as content with being average or less than…”

That says it all about this rediculous “study”…

GREAT observations, Prof!

Mufasa

In my experience, good-looking athletic women want an active man in good shape. It may be a guy who’s muscular and defined but small by the standards of this board or a guy with solid size. But most don’t want some flabby, lump who sits on the couch all day.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
alstan90 wrote:
If people wont marry brad pitt because he’s too big, i guess theirs no hope for any of us. We must be huge.

How do you group Brad with Arnold? That basically covers the entire spectrum including ANY guy who lifts weights on a regular basis and actually looks like it. [/quote]

I know, its ridiculous. You married Prof X? Coz I just had a peek at your stats, going by the article you shouldn’t be?

Who here is over say… 160lbs and married?

Just to empahsize something js said:

I realize the beauty is in the “eye of the beholder”.

Cool.

But how does ANYONE find a beautiful, athletic woman like Pia un-attractive?

(To each his own, I guess.)

Mufasa

[quote]alstan90 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
alstan90 wrote:
If people wont marry brad pitt because he’s too big, i guess theirs no hope for any of us. We must be huge.

How do you group Brad with Arnold? That basically covers the entire spectrum including ANY guy who lifts weights on a regular basis and actually looks like it.

I know, its ridiculous. You married Prof X? Coz I just had a peek at your stats, going by the article you shouldn’t be?

Who here is over say… 160lbs and married?[/quote]

I am not currently married and don’t want to be. I enjoy receiving a pay check that does not go into the hands of someone else at the moment. Considering the changes I plan on making career-wise over the next 1-2 years, I am glad I am not weighed down by the wants of another person right now.

Mind you, I know many guys my age who have either gotten a divorce and/or are working on their second major relationship. I am glad I don’t fall into that category.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Cool.

(To each his own, I guess.) [/quote]

I find her attractive. But I would find her more attractive with narrower shoulders and less defined arms. And slightly softer. But still fit, lean, in shape, and athletic. To each his own.

Mufasa[/quote]

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Cool.

Mufasa[/quote]

I don’t know either. I don’t find her intimidating or too manly or anything else unattractive.

I agree with all the criticism in this thread regarding the study. It’s mostly bullshit.

However, it might confirm something else. Women prefer males with the best sperm to get them pregnant and guys who are more stable and less likely to cheat to actually raise the kids. Which category would us meatheads fall into?

[quote]carter12 wrote:
I agree with all the criticism in this thread regarding the study. It’s mostly bullshit.

However, it might confirm something else. Women prefer males with the best sperm to get them pregnant and guys who are more stable and less likely to cheat to actually raise the kids. Which category would us meatheads fall into?[/quote]

I wouldn’t cheat on my wife. If I do get married, assuming the prenupt goes through, it will be a commitment for life. I think women in general have a problem with stereotyping guys based on their past experiences or often wrong perceptions. I seriously doubt that upon seeing me, that most women would assume that I have a career and not just “a job”. I don’t wear expensive clothes (unless Under Armour and Nike is considered “expensive”). I wear shirts out of function, not because they are Gucci. Then again, I would be turned off by the woman who only spoke to me because of what I do for a living.

Seriously, there isn’t much in this study to complain about, other than grouping Pitt with Arnold. Not to mention ASKING a girl’s preference rather than seeing what actually occurs.

[quote]proxy wrote:

Don’t worry guys - I think you’ll all be fine. You might just have to settle for hot, active, intelligent women who aren’t threatened by strong men. [/quote]

From the article…

[quote]
When women are choosing mates – except for very attractive women – they’re facing a tradeoff of choosing a guy who’s very sexy or one who will stick around and treat them well[/quote]

Except for very attractive women…that just about sums up the article for me…

So what. Us built guys get the Class A Grade primo tail anyway :wink:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Cool.

Mufasa[/quote]

I gotta admit those shoulders freak me out. If her bodyfat were a little higher I’d probably find her attractive.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Cool.

Mufasa

I gotta admit those shoulders freak me out. If her bodyfat were a little higher I’d probably find her attractive.

[/quote]

She certainly is a looker huh Mufasa?

What is it about fitness chicks and, in my opinion, overly developed shoulders?

[quote]Soldierslim wrote:

What is it about fitness chicks and, in my opinion, overly developed shoulders? [/quote]

Ok, what about them? Describe to me how they are overdeveloped.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Soldierslim wrote:

Ok, what about them? Describe to me how they are overdeveloped.[/quote]

I prefer a woman whose shoulders do not extend out past her arms. Take the women in the Poll: Choose your Girlfriend 2 as examples. Not a big fan of the V-shape torso on a woman. I prefer an hourglass. As Mufasa said, to each his own. I personally do not find her unattracitve, but I do think she has attained a level of muscularity that detracts from her attractiveness. Her peak would’ve been less muscle in my opinion.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:
Soldierslim wrote:

Ok, what about them? Describe to me how they are overdeveloped.

I prefer a woman whose shoulders do not extend out past her arms. Take the women in the Poll: Choose your Girlfriend 2 as examples. Not a big fan of the V-shape torso on a woman. I prefer an hourglass. As Mufasa said, to each his own. I personally do not find her unattracitve, but I do think she has attained a level of muscularity that detracts from her attractiveness. Her peak would’ve been less muscle in my opinion.[/quote]

That’s cool. I enjoy both the hourglass figure and a nice v-taper. I find both to be pleasing depending on the woman.

In order to have shoulders that ripped, she had to reduce her bodyfat to such a degree that her natural breasts disappeared. Not exactly what the human male is programmed to find appealing.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:

Ok, what about them? Describe to me how they are overdeveloped.[/quote]