second training session in over a month
225x1 -- might actually be a PR at this bodyweight
1. This is probably the fastest that my pressing strength has recovered after a hiatus, so I'm optimistic.
2. Something (most likely scar tissue) popped in the left column of my back while pressing 225 and the bar speed increased substantially. Weird, but it felt good.
Dumbbell Strict Press
105x2/105x2 -- PR with both arms
1. Obviously different from pressing the circus dumbell. Greater ROM and thinner handle.
2. I like them and will definitely keep doing them.
Seated BTN Press
1. Haven't done these since high school lol. It's funny that I was 165 pretty comfortably then. I'll probably get a lot stronger on these.
1. Love a heavy stretch in my traps. Whole trapezius lit up.
2. I can hold this much weight, but I prefer to use straps when training any back musculature.
1. Haven't been able to do these comfortably for a long time, so I'm pleased.
Pec-deck Machine Flies
120x20/15/15/10 -- shiiiiiiiii
1. I've really getting more into invoking the principle of being strong everywhere. Plus I want bigger pecs.
2. These felt awesome. 'Nuff said.
1. Gym was closing. Had to hurry.
Good day. No grievances. Accomplished virtually everything I wanted to. Optimistic for more strength.