No Liars Allowed....REAL Squat 1RM

5’10"
215lbs

315lbs ass to floor.

I felt good until I saw the posts before me. Now I relize I have been a bitch!

I’m with you Jimmy! Weak squat solidarity!

5’8"
Bodyweight: 168lbs
Squat 1RM, Ass to the Grass: 265lbs

Time to bust ass.

Age-15
Weight-115
Height-5’6
1RM-210

If you really want to know whether someone is actually doing a full squat when they tell you their max, ask for deadlift as well. Lots of people on this site say they have a higher raw squat than deadlift which is pure bs…

To put this in perspective, I squatted 365 well below parallel the other day.

I deadlift about 500…

6’1" 195ish pounds.

405 (Below parallel, but not ass to grass)

6’
185 lbs.

Dunno my 1Rm.

I did a triple with 506lbs which is 10 44lbs (20kg) plates and 2 11lb (5kg) Euro plates, about a month ago. I weigh about 253 lbs and am 6’1 and a bit tall, quite lean too.

My Deadlift is quite a bit higher, but not sure of a 1RM there either, I did about 50lbs more than the Squat at a similar time for about two reps I think. Grip strength is a limiting factor in this exercise for me, I don’t like/use straps so I lost grip on 2nd rep.

Well, I’m no powerlifter but the most I’ve ever done was 245x3. For the record I’m 6’, 170. But I’m soft. :frowning:

Max dead was 300 even… I could’ve done more but my grip is shit. Damn, this thread is making me feel decidedly average! Oh well, I’m still king at my sissy fitness gym, hahaha…

im 16 5 10 235,

raw 525x1
suit600x1

6’2 1/2"
285lbs

squat 1rm with belt and knee wraps
645x1

I’m 52 years old, 5’ 11" @ 165 pounds

DId a box squat: 300. No suit or wraps of any kind.

I’m getting too old for this type of stuff!

[quote]GribGrob wrote:
Sxio wrote:
And I would do a 1RM because?

to see how strong you were or to win a powerlifting meet… why do you ask?

I for one can front squat 455 lbs olympic style. I can back squat, with a safety bar, 635 lbs.

6’6"
310lbs[/quote]

I usually work out alone and so never attempt 1RMs. Usually the lowest I’ll go is 5. I’ve heard too many stories of ripped muscles, and ppl being trapped under bars to try it.

With a 5RM, you have plenty of warning and can usually pretty safely judge failure. Going for a 1RM you only know you’re gonna make it when you make it.

Obviously if you’re an oly lifter or powerlifter they’re a fact of life though, but for the guys working out to look good naked I don’t think they’re something you have to do.

545 lbs raw (belt only)below parallel.
Working on o-lifter style squats now…trying to get to 400 lbs. Best so far is 345 lbs for 3.

41 years old.
5’11" and 235 lbs.

I did a parallel Raw squat last Saturday
495, 502.5 and 510 for singles. Did not have a spotter so I did not try anymore.

BW 192 pounds.
42 years young

[quote]Sxio wrote:
GribGrob wrote:
Sxio wrote:
And I would do a 1RM because?

to see how strong you were or to win a powerlifting meet… why do you ask?

I for one can front squat 455 lbs olympic style. I can back squat, with a safety bar, 635 lbs.

6’6"
310lbs

I usually work out alone and so never attempt 1RMs. Usually the lowest I’ll go is 5. I’ve heard too many stories of ripped muscles, and ppl being trapped under bars to try it.

With a 5RM, you have plenty of warning and can usually pretty safely judge failure. Going for a 1RM you only know you’re gonna make it when you make it.

Obviously if you’re an oly lifter or powerlifter they’re a fact of life though, but for the guys working out to look good naked I don’t think they’re something you have to do. [/quote]

Hey be careful doing any heavy squats alone, I had this foookin random stabbing pain in my side (god knows what) a few years back and stumbled whilst doing heavy squats, damn near twisted my knee right round. I could have done with someone to grab me and help out ! Lots of reasons to not squat alone besides that though.

315 for 10x3. I’m currently weighing 177lbs @ 5’7". I have no idea what my 1RM is, I also don’t particularly care.

5’-11"
200 pounds

385 w/ belt only, a few inches below parallel.

5’8 181 lbs

525 -in ipf metal suit
365 was the last raw max I’ve taken but that was over a year ago at 170ish

5’11"
194lbs

I don’t go heavier than 275lbs without knee wraps.

I have done 355lbs with knee wraps and a belt.

441lbs in a suit with wraps and a belt… and two ipf judges looking on to call depth (still, only in practise, they work out at the same place I do)

6’4"

335lbs below parallel not ATG though

I’m 5’10", 258lbs and a fat bastard, but I squatted 570lbs,raw, to competition depth last Sunday. My best was 661 lbs (300kg.)@214lbs. bodyweight in '99, but that was in a suit. And I was only 40 at the time, I’m 47 now and had a hip injury that required Synvisc injections in Nov.'04. Funny, I was told I’d never squat again, and I hope to break 600 again, raw, by May.