T Nation

'No Homo'

I want to have sex with men. No homo.

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
I want to have sex with men. No homo.[/quote]

T-homo?

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
I’m sure it came from the below:

see the two links below (in order, thanks.)
http://www.freshflixx.com/channel/sohh-tv/index.php?bcpid=376530222&bclid=440748065&bctid=932505959
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdJJqFsF9CM

I thought it was funny when he said it. I think it’s mildly funny when someone else says it, but only because it reminds me of the above.

[/quote]

‘No Homo’ is a Dipset thing from years ago.

No Homo has been around for a while now. People used it a lot during my high school days and it really became bigger with this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMk5byywSE

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Here’s an example prime example.

Man 1: Jim, you look good with that suit on…No Homo.

Man 2: Thanks for the compliment, Dave. That’s why I’ve always liked you…No homo.

Its when you compliment another guy and what you said can be mistaken for something gay. You say “No Homo” to let them know you mean it in a non-gay way.

P.S.

No Homo

So the people that say it are so insecure about their sexuality that they feel they have to proclaim their “no homo” stance multiple times in each post on the interwebz to people they don’t even know? That’s what it sounds like.

Oh yeah, I’m no homo, I swear I’m no homo.

[/quote]

Guys with this insecurity are probably homophobes, and research shows that homophobes are homosexuals who are succsssful suppressing their homosexual tendencies.

[quote]thetruth24 wrote:
No Homo has been around for a while now. People used it a lot during my high school days and it really became bigger with this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMk5byywSE

[/quote]

HAH!

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?
t=984867&highlight=head+no+homo+friend+gay

i actually saw that episode with Chris reciting T-Pain. I completely forgot he even said “no homo” and didn’t think anything of it.
and that “NO HOMO” video is just trying to be like this guy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0dJu1Jj7VTw

[quote]Moriarty wrote:
goochadamg wrote:
I’m sure it came from the below:

see the two links below (in order, thanks.)
http://www.freshflixx.com/channel/sohh-tv/index.php?bcpid=376530222&bclid=440748065&bctid=932505959
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdJJqFsF9CM

I thought it was funny when he said it. I think it’s mildly funny when someone else says it, but only because it reminds me of the above.

‘No Homo’ is a Dipset thing from years ago.[/quote]

Exactly. And as fast as the interweb is, I thought anyone young enough to be cool would have known this. Other than this thread, I haven’t seen it on this site in at least a year and Xen Nova is the only poster I remember using the phrase.

thought to came from O&A. And I have used it in the real world once I think.

[quote]autodiadect wrote:
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?
t=984867&highlight=head+no+homo+friend+gay[/quote]

“No Homo is implied in all my posts” -Lifting_Taurus

HAHA!

No Home =P

I’d like to propose one for the females

No Lesbo

And a gender neutral one

No Transo

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Here’s an example prime example.

Man 1: Jim, you look good with that suit on…No Homo.

Man 2: Thanks for the compliment, Dave. That’s why I’ve always liked you…No homo.

Its when you compliment another guy and what you said can be mistaken for something gay. You say “No Homo” to let them know you mean it in a non-gay way.

P.S.

No Homo[/quote]

Exactly its meant to be used when you say something that can sound gay. Some things you say it just sounds appropriate to use. Like ^he said complimenting a guy is a good time because some things that some people say without using it, I get suspicious.

Like for example, this new kid at my school looked and acted gay, which we later found out that he was a cool straight dude. But before I knew him, he said out of the blue, “you think you’re Mr. smooth today don’t you?” Wasn’t a really cool thing to say for not knowing a guy.

But he’s cool though, but that would’ve been a good time to use it because I really got suspicious about that guy excluding all the talk that he might’ve been gay. One other thing, How the fuck did this one little phrase get its own thread!?

This, is when “no homo” goes too far.

Camron’s explains “no homo”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUxMuk-T0gk&feature=related

He takes it a little too far but hey, she says "it doesn’t matter if people think you’re gay, and that’s still not cool even if you know you’re straight its just the respect and reputation that you have. Its really not needed for somebody that you’ve known for some time because they should know that you’re not gay. I mean come on, you can’t just go up to a dude you don’t know in the gym and say “man, you got some nice looking legs.” For anybody that says otherwise, try it.

But there are ways to rephrase things to not make it sound like that so “no homo” is really not needed unless there’s no other way of saying it. I just used the shit because sometimes my friends use it and forgot that this is the internet and thought it was no big deal until someone thought it was important enough to have it’s own thread. Never visited BB.com so I didn’t know it was so overused.

Its a bodybuilding website. Obviously, telling someone that they have well developed legs on a bb website isnt going to be taken as a pick up attempt, then why do you need to state “no homo” unless you are hiding something?

I think some people probably dont want that phrase to come into common usage on this site for fear of all of the other bullshit that might follow suite and immigrate from bb.com.

[quote]Renton wrote:
ss847859 wrote:
Never seen it before. Can somone elaborate on what no homo means?

I’m assuming it’s from when someone says something about another guy like “I’m no homo but your abs are looking great”.

If I’m right in my thinking then I agree - it’s daft. Anyone doing it, stop it now.[/quote]

Tisk tisk some people are sooo sensitive.

What’s wrong with saying “I’m no homo, but your dick is really big”

And BTW I’m no homo.

[quote]sed26 wrote:
This, is when “no homo” goes too far.

Camron’s explains “no homo”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUxMuk-T0gk&feature=related

[/quote]

I see the light now. Its a brotha thing.

I hate bb.com in general.

[quote]football061 wrote:
Renton wrote:

I’m assuming it’s from when someone says something about another guy like “I’m no homo but your abs are looking great”.

If I’m right in my thinking then I agree - it’s daft. Anyone doing it, stop it now.

Renton, your piece is so big and your just soooo hawwwwt!

No Homo.[/quote]

Mmmm…I just love it when my 2 cyber boyfriends are affectionate towards each other :wink:

I LOVE MAN LOVE!!