NO Homo

I don’t understand why people feel the need to say this ridiculous phrase. Men have reached a new level of insecurity to elaborate on a sentence by making sure that no one thinks they were being gay. Pretty funny video.

This thread is gay

No homo

If anyone uses it seriously, they are a fucktard. Doing something clearly gay (SIITP of another male) isn’t negated by a phrase, and if something isn’t gay there’s no need to say it anyways.

Even if you’re doing something that could be considered gay and you’re straight… there is absolutely no reason to use the phrase. Makes you sounds like a complete tool

i want to cum on your mustache.

no homo.

I know camron coined the phrase, it’s in the video. Doesn’t necessitate it’s further propagation though.

what happened to what i said?

Is there such thing as a openly homosexual gangster rapper?

fat joe

[quote]ald126 wrote:
fat joe[/quote]

lmao…I say some crazy shit at work with the guys and some friends(hey babe, or hey my marshmellow puff, damn you’re one sexy bastard)…but they all know of my never dying love of some grade a pussy so it’s all jokes and I don’t have to say that no homo shit! I honestly don’t give a fuck jajjajaa

[quote]Mikaj wrote:

[quote]ald126 wrote:
fat joe[/quote]
[/quote]

whys he gotta have a steelers hat on that fuck

I used to hate when people said no homo for all the mentioned logic… but it can be funny at times.

Also Lil Wayne is obviously gay.

There’s really no need to crap all over people who use ‘no homo’. It’s as bad as judging someone by whether they say ‘brah’ or not.

Cam’ron said it was a phrase from where he grew up, and that he took it from there, and then Lil Wayne popularized it after he got big. Both of those rappers are known for being clowns, very funny and talented clowns. The humour of Cam’ron and to a lesser extent the rest of the old Dipset crew is juvenile yes, but it’s funny. Part of the humour is in how juvenile it is.

And as far as Lil Wayne goes, yes you might say he over uses it. But to fully understand why he does that you have to know that this is a guy whose life basically only consists of what he’s learned in the rap world. He’s been a PROFESSIONAL rapper since he was a child, and his world basically consists of rapping, getting high, and fucking girls that look like they’ve been in music videos. To fully grasp this without listening to hours of his music, just watch “The Carter” documentary. So when he uses no homo ‘excessively’ it’s all a part of his persona of a guy who basically know nothing outside of rap convention/mores, and the life of a professional rapper. In that context and as part of his overall aesthetic, makes a fuckload of sense.

That video showed a bunch of examples of EARLIER rap songs that showcase very homosexual threats. The lines are quite vicious. Then it shows far more juvenile, playful lines with the ‘no homo’ line in them. If anything, that should show you that rappers were never afraid of being suspected of homosexuality, and that this ‘no homo’ thing was just some juvenile humour. Think about it, they knew they’d get away with those earlier lines without any suspicion, and newer lines that sport the ‘no homo’ are far less gay. “I go hard, no homo”? C’mon, you know he’s doing it for a cheap laugh.

Hip hop has always had an aspect that’s been about poking fun at itself and it’s mores, in addition to poking fun at other things. I firmly believe that most rappers using that term are in on the joke [that it’s a ridiculous phrase], or in the case of Weezy, may be in on the joke or just using as part of their overall character/aesthetic. Lesser rappers may just use it because it rhymes. If those reasons don’t suffice for you, by all means feel free to listen to lamer music with a higher sense of self-importance, like indie rock.

I saw some Bill Maher stand up where he was making fun of rap lyrics, particularly Biggie’s “I’m Fucking You Tonight”. He was making fun at how ridiculous the song was, not knowing that Biggie was in on the joke, and that the joke extended to other love songs in pop music. And I like Bill Maher.

Sorry, had to get that tangent out of the way, before someone uses this to claim how stupid rap is, or how stupid mainstream rap [or just Cam and Wayne] is.

I say ‘no homo’ every here and there. If it’s timed right it can get a good laugh. And the laugh is AT it’s silliness, not at the expense of gays, or whatever I may have said to trigger the phrase. I also say ‘pause’. That means I’m in on the joke. Not that I’m afraid of being considered gay, or that I hate gays. I realize that it can become a regular phrase, and yes I’ve used it in that way too. But it’s still a silly phrase, not one meant to be taken seriously.

A lot of you just aren’t in on the joke-which is weird because apparently the people who use the phrase are so dumb, right?

that was way too serious

A rapper that grew up in a neighborhood saying that all the time and an average joe college kid that picks it up after hearing it on the radio are completely different issues. Rappers are entertainers, they poke fun at themselves, like being over the top and ridiculous, and gain monetary rewards as a result. But when people use it in everyday conversation, many instances of my hearing it is not used in an especially comedic fashion. And I hear it being used ad nauseum.

For example, every day when I cut little slits in my shirts so I can rip them off “a la Hulkster” and look buff for all the college girls at my school’s rec center, the guys gather and are all “dude, you’re looking super hard bro. I want to eat you up. No homo”.

I guess it just gets to me personally. Kind of diminishes the sincerity of the compliment, ya know?

[quote]ald126 wrote:

[quote]Mikaj wrote:

[quote]ald126 wrote:
fat joe[/quote]
[/quote]

whys he gotta have a steelers hat on that fuck[/quote]

<3

[quote]carlthescorp wrote:
A rapper that grew up in a neighborhood saying that all the time and an average joe college kid that picks it up after hearing it on the radio are completely different issues. Rappers are entertainers, they poke fun at themselves, like being over the top and ridiculous, and gain monetary rewards as a result. But when people use it in everyday conversation, many instances of my hearing it is not used in an especially comedic fashion. And I hear it being used ad nauseum.

For example, every day when I cut little slits in my shirts so I can rip them off “a la Hulkster” and look buff for all the college girls at my school’s rec center, the guys gather and are all “dude, you’re looking super hard bro. I want to eat you up. No homo”.

I guess it just gets to me personally. Kind of diminishes the sincerity of the compliment, ya know? [/quote]

I guess that’s where our experiences differ. I can only remember the phrase being used in a serious manner one time [in an anti-gay rant, no less], and that was in high school. That’s it. And there really isn’t much of a difference between a college kid using the phrase as long as he’s in on the joke. But I can’t really say you’re wrong if those are your experiences. Sorry to hear.

And LOL at the cutting slits into your shirt bit, but I’m gonna guess the second part [the comment] of that was based on a real encounter. That guy who said ‘I wanna eat you up-no homo’ basically said it in the same joking way that Wormwood Theory made his comment in this very thread. I would’ve assumed he was in on the joke, unless his demeanor suggested that he was calling you gay or something. In which case that wasn’t a sincere comment at all, no.

In any event, I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree.