T Nation

No Heavy Lifting

This sickens me.

A supervisor at work just came back from medical leave for having his stomach stapled. He was a good 60 pounds overweight and chose to do this because he didn’t have TIME to work out. Apparently it took reducing his stomach to get him to stop shoving food in his fat face. And he went on a cruise and gorged himself before the surgery because it would be the last time he could eat like that.

He’s telling everyone how he’s now restricted from lifting, pushing, or pulling heavy objects. Restricted??? The only heavy object he’s lifted in his whole life is his own fat ass, from the couch to the refrigerator. What a pathetic excuse for a man.

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
This sickens me.

A supervisor at work just came back from medical leave for having his stomach stapled. He was a good 60 pounds overweight and chose to do this because he didn’t have TIME to work out. Apparently it took reducing his stomach to get him to stop shoving food in his fat face. And he went on a cruise and gorged himself before the surgery because it would be the last time he could eat like that.

He’s telling everyone how he’s now restricted from lifting, pushing, or pulling heavy objects. Restricted??? The only heavy object he’s lifted in his whole life is his own fat ass, from the couch to the refrigerator. What a pathetic excuse for a man.[/quote]

“The only heavy object he’s lifted in his whole life is his own fat ass, from the couch to the refrigerator.”
LOL Just fantastic.

The amazing thing is that there was a doctor out there who decided to go along with this. The idea behind this kind of surgery was for those people who had exhausted all other methods of weight-loss. Amazing to think people think of this as a “cure-all” where you can just feed your face because, hey, I can always get me some of them thar staples later!

Kuz

• Return with honor.

Isn’t it odd how all of these people lose a hundred + pounds in a year or so when they get their stomach stapled to the size of their thumb.

These are the same people who claim to have tried every diet and exercise program with no luck. They don’t eat too much, blah, blah.

If you haven’t been over-eating then why does mechanically limiting how much food you can eat cause you to rapidly lose weight? Last I checked, shrinking your stomach does not speed your metabolic rate, cure you ‘thyroid problem’ or reverse your ‘poor genetics’.

Oh well, time to get off the soapbox.

Take care,

Ryan

I was flipping channels before I went to school this morning and there was a talk show talking to overweight teens, one of which had this surgery. Can you really have exhausted all your other options as a teenager?

I can’t imagine having will power so low that I would sooner have a surgical intervention which would garantee that I never truly enjoy eating again, rather than engage in exercise and eat a heealthy diet.