“what supplements can I take to minimise strength
loss whilst I am not training the same exercises?”

FACEPALM

[quote]LS87 wrote:
“what supplements can I take to minimise strength
loss whilst I am not training the same exercises?”

FACEPALM
[/quote]

I’ve had loads of suggestions actually, creatine, gluatamine just now, lutein, flax oil, B6 in pvt msgs from T-Nation members. It never fails no matter how genuine the forum topic is theres always someone with too much time and no friends who has to post useless comments.

[quote]wushufanatic wrote:
Ok, I wrote a nice little blurb in response to not training for 14 “DAYS” and not 14 “WEEKS” like what you really said. I’m obviously still trying to get started for the day.

So 14 weeks is quite a bit longer than I was thinking but only changes my advice slightly I suppose. For one, are you sure there is no chance of a gym anywhere you can get into? If truly there is no place to go then I think some of your options consist of body weight exercises like pushups, pull-ups, one leg squats, etc. In addition you might want to try some GPP type work utilizing whatever you have available to you. Bring some sort of heavy duty duffel bag you can fill up to make heavy and voila, you have a nice tool you can use for carrying, lifting, walking, etc. If you look up GPP on this site you should be able to find some cool exercises you can incorporate.

Now what I originally posted and is what I think you still need to do is to make sure you also keep your calories up. This will help you maintain what you’ve accomplished thus far and limit tissue breakdown. You may not gain any strength on your lifts but I don’t see why you can’t make the best of your situation. I think you can maintain your current strength fairly well and at the same time take those 14 weeks to work on your conditioning. You might be surprised as to how that will help you in the gym.

Good luck and enjoy your travels.[/quote]

I would like to take this opportunity to thank people like Avocado, Washufanatic and obvious others for helping me and whoever else is learning from this forum by genuinely contributing their expertise to it instead of wasting everybody’s time like LS87.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
get old school and do push ups chins

sprinting speed roping

if u can get some sand bags from a home repair store or something and do suats with thing

even clean and press the sand bag[/quote]

Sandbag training, in the middle of the desert, PERFECT! The sand will already be there.
You could also take a couple of pairs of mini bands and a pair of monster minis, they’re really flexible. OK you wont know what “weight” your using just work hard.
Another good idea would be take, or get a workout partner.

get yourself a few pairs of stretch-bands from EFS … http://www.elitefts.com/

do some reading at EFS in the EXCERSIZE INDEX… http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?tid=51

add in some of your own imagination based on what else is available . the bands can be surprisingly useful .