T Nation

No Footballs on LA Beaches

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Meal Ticket wrote:

Reminds me of the California tourism ads I see from time to time. “Come to California, we have, uh…nice weather…and really cool movie stars…and uh…”

Chicago ins’t much better though haha.
[/quote]

LOL…yeah, I hear ya.

For me it comes down to motorcycle riding and the beach. I have to live somewhere there’s both activities (and by riding I mean screaming through the mountains and hitting a racetrack). I’m willing to turn a blind eye to a lot of things if I can get both of these.

Luckily I live in San Diego not L.A. and there’s been no talk about doing anything like this.

I hope that this ruling gets published somewhere and causes such an outcry that they have to change it.

james

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]Meal Ticket wrote:

Reminds me of the California tourism ads I see from time to time. “Come to California, we have, uh…nice weather…and really cool movie stars…and uh…”

Chicago ins’t much better though haha.
[/quote]

LOL…yeah, I hear ya.

For me it comes down to motorcycle riding and the beach. I have to live somewhere there’s both activities (and by riding I mean screaming through the mountains and hitting a racetrack). I’m willing to turn a blind eye to a lot of things if I can get both of these.

Luckily I live in San Diego not L.A. and there’s been no talk about doing anything like this.

I hope that this ruling gets published somewhere and causes such an outcry that they have to change it.

james
[/quote]

The screams are coming in. Turns out that this is an attempt at a money grab, and not much else. There is no danger issue, the city needs money, as they announced the education budget for Los Angeles is now above $500 million.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
The screams are coming in. Turns out that this is an attempt at a money grab, and not much else. There is no danger issue, the city needs money, as they announced the education budget for Los Angeles is now above $500 million. [/quote]

They need to learn from OC on raising money. Shit, you ever notice how much better the 5 becomes right when you enter Buena Park?

On the other hand, it looks like this may have been blown out of proportion by the media…

james

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
The screams are coming in. Turns out that this is an attempt at a money grab, and not much else. There is no danger issue, the city needs money, as they announced the education budget for Los Angeles is now above $500 million. [/quote]

They need to learn from OC on raising money. Shit, you ever notice how much better the 5 becomes right when you enter Buena Park?

On the other hand, it looks like this may have been blown out of proportion by the media…

james
[/quote]

Dude, the entire 5 freeway is a clusterfuck from the 110 freeway going all the way down to Disneyland. I have seen molasses drip out of a tree faster than the flow of traffic through that whole distance.

OC has some big time ballers who live there too. Shit 75% of OC are USC alumni.