No Food or Bad Food?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Assuming the portions aren’t through the roof, and the amount of time that has elapsed, I’d go with a snickers if the need arose.

Meaning if it was going to be 4 hrs till my next meal, I’d eat a snickers to at least prevent muscle breakdown.[/quote]

I’m guessing you’re a Jehova’s Witness…I’m not going to get into a fight with you about this and start bagging your religion but wow, being a JW sucks ass(I am a former JW)…glad I got outta that.

[quote]ZachDelDesert wrote:
dude, chicken salads are your friend. almost every fast food place has one.

i once went on a 2 day vacation, and ate 7 chicken salads throughout the trip.[/quote]

Yeah, but alot of them have added sugars, depending upon where you go.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
ZachDelDesert wrote:
dude, chicken salads are your friend. almost every fast food place has one.

i once went on a 2 day vacation, and ate 7 chicken salads throughout the trip.

Yeah, but alot of them have added sugars, depending upon where you go.[/quote]

This guy isn’t talking about fast food places. He is talking about eating lunch on base as opposed to skipping it.

They don’t have basics like bread and meat on base?

Or is it all sloppy gravy mystery meat with a side of instant potatoes and ‘boiled until free of all nutrient’ vegetables or some crap like that?

I think it is obvious to everyone that “carry your own food” is the correct answer.

However, I’m also interested in “exceptional” circumstances. Let’s say that your car breaks down and you ran out of your prepackaded meals or something similar and the only choice is eating some crap or eating nothing at all.

Please don’t answer “there’s a fast food place with chicken salad on every corner” because some of us don’t live in the States and finding some semi-decent food around can be quite challenging.

[quote]vroom wrote:
They don’t have basics like bread and meat on base?

Or is it all sloppy gravy mystery meat with a side of instant potatoes and ‘boiled until free of all nutrient’ vegetables or some crap like that?[/quote]

pretty much all crap… some of it tastes good but none of it is healthy by any standards .

If I ever cheat with a fast food meal I get TacoBell… 3 Chicken supream tacos and a water.

The only thing really bad for you is the sour cream. Other than that you have tomatoes, letus, cheese and the bread.

[quote]pappapump wrote:
whould it be better to skip a meal or eat a bad one? i tend to skip but was looking for more insight.[/quote]

What type of insight were you looking for? This isn’t string theory…

Biotest Grow! bars are yummy and good for ya!

(Do I get a free case now?)

[quote]loppar wrote:
Please don’t answer “there’s a fast food place with chicken salad on every corner” because some of us don’t live in the States and finding some semi-decent food around can be quite challenging.

[/quote]

I’ve done quite a bit of travelling, and from what I’ve found, one can ALMOST always find exceptionally healthy and delicious native cuisine no matter where you’re at.

Example: I lived in China for a YEAR. There’s lots of different kinds of foods there that can meet or exceed your dietary requirements - for example, vegetarian potstickers - filled with high iron veggies, garlic, etc. Also, lamb potstickers - lots 'o protein. Not to mention the ubiquitous streetside kabob vendors - spicy meat! YUM!

Example #2: Europe. Egg and cresssSandwich, if you’re in the UK. Sausage and Saurkraut if your’e in Germany. Meatballs, smoked salmon, and cheese on whole grain crackers if you’re in Sweden. If you’re in Greece? hell, a lamb-kabob.

point is, not-so detrimental food isn’t SO hard to come by, even if you’re in Mexico - fish tacos, baby!

EDIT: Again, this is “knewsom”, not RTV - forgot to logout on my buddy’s comp.