No "FEELING"

I’m wondering if there are other people out there that do not “feel” anything from supplements. I’ve used many including Power Drive, Spike, ephedrine, test, clomid, and clen and the only thing that I can say that I feel something with is ephedrine and then I have to take a pile of it to notice anything. Oh yeah, with clen I got the shakes and that sucks so I only used that 3 times.

I’m not saying that they don’t work (test works wonderfully) but all the effects that you are supposed to feel totally elude me.

Anyone else like this?

FatSensei

Maybe you have used too many supps and have just burned out your receptors. Or maybe you have built up a high tolerance of these supps. That’s a shame, because some of the ones you listed really do work.

[quote]fatsensei wrote:
I’m wondering if there are other people out there that do not “feel” anything from supplements. I’ve used many including Power Drive, Spike, ephedrine, test, clomid, and clen and the only thing that I can say that I feel something with is ephedrine and then I have to take a pile of it to notice anything. Oh yeah, with clen I got the shakes and that sucks so I only used that 3 times.

I’m not saying that they don’t work (test works wonderfully) but all the effects that you are supposed to feel totally elude me.

Anyone else like this?

FatSensei [/quote]

I’m feeling you on this one. Seriously, though, I know what you’re talking about. Some buddies had clen and said it jacked them up, it never did jack for me. I didn’t really feel ephedrine either, if I had it in an ECA stack with some vinpocetine or DMAE, I would get some “mental clarity” (vinpocetine and DMAE alone did nothing).

I’m not a regular coffee drinker either, and the only way coffee does anything stimulatory for me is if I stay up late/early and even then it just gets me back to normal. As for Spike and Power Drive, I’ve never tried them for a myriad of reasons including this “numbness”.

Test and Clomid I haven’t really sought out/had access to so I don’t really know what they’d do for me. I’ve also notced similar effects with depressants and anesthetics (administered by a professional), in that they don’t work at all or wear off VERY quickly.

[quote]fatsensei wrote:
I’m wondering if there are other people out there that do not “feel” anything from supplements.[/quote]

I’m with you.

Supplements I’ve tried which actually work for me: Creatine and ephedrine.

I don’t use ephedrine regularly, but I certainly can feel the difference when I do.

All others supplements I’ve tried seem to do nothing at all. I get no “vivid” dreams from ZMA, no more erections or gains from tribulus, etc. I also notice no real difference in training or gains. I’ve tried these supplements individually for between 6-8 weeks each, while keeping a training log and there’s no more gains or increases than when not on supplements.

Of course, there’s also the “Canadian Test” for supplements: If you can legally by a supplement in Canada, then it’s useless. :slight_smile:

Now if I can just get my hand on some of Pee-Wee Herman’s bathwater, I could probably mix me up some homeopathic steroids…

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
Maybe you have used too many supps and have just burned out your receptors. Or maybe you have built up a high tolerance of these supps. That’s a shame, because some of the ones you listed really do work. [/quote]

I agree. I, for one, can attest that Power Drive and Spike do work (only ones I’ve used regularly from the list).

It sounds more like a case of a very high tolerance level than anything.

Also, for some supplements, I don’t think that going by “feeling” alone is a good idea. Just because you didn’t get wild, wacky dreams from ZMA, or it didn’t up your bench by 30 lbs in one week, doesn’t mean that your quality of sleep wasn’t improved. Or at the very least, proper levels of zinc are being maintained.

I do agree, though, that I’m sure there are people out there who don’t get a lot out of supplements. But I think they are an extreme minority. At least from my personal experience - which is what this is all about, right?

One thing I have noticed is that the “leaner” and trim I have gotten, as well as better all around healthy, the better I seem to respond to supplements, whatever they may be.

Also, be on the lookout for taking fiber and calcium with supps, they tend to reduce supplement effectivity.

Some things to take into consideration.

[quote]lucasa wrote:
I’ve also notced similar effects with depressants and anesthetics (administered by a professional), in that they don’t work at all or wear off VERY quickly.[/quote]

Interesting. At the dentist, I frequently require 2 or 3 shots in the gums before I don’t feel any pain from the drill.

And when they anesthetize both sides before starting work, the second side need to be re-done because the anesthetic is already wearing off by the time the dentist gets to it…

Some just don’t have any feeling associated to them. I have noticed changes, but no distinct buzz or rush. Alpha Male is a good example.
Spike doesn’t seem to have any rush or buzz at all, but I definitely get a lift, and increase in motivation and activity.
I don’t think any of these supps are designed to have a buzz associated with them.
Tolerance to anesthetics and pain responses though, thats a whole different ballgame.

Krikey. I had 1 Maximum Strength HOT-ROX capsule. Within two hours my blood pressure tanked, I start sweating like crazy and nearly passed out. I’d say I’m extremely sensitive to supps :slight_smile:

The same thing applies with me on almost every supplement ive ever taken, and ive taken just about every legal supp i can think of. I do feel the increased muscle pumps from an arginine supp, and my veins definately tend to swell out of my arms more. One supplement comes to mind and that is methyl 1 test, i get the craziest dreams when im on that shit and i remember them every morning, i also get insane pumps and i feel invincible in the gym. Just about the only supp that ive ever taken that not only works but works wonders.