No Chest Exercise in Viator's Workout to Remember

As Dr. D mentioned, Arthur liked variety. You are only focusing on one single workout. Attached are JPGs* a spreadsheet of the many Colorado workouts that I transcribed some time back. Each one is different. *Sorry, but JPG is the only ‘type’ of file this website will let me upload…

Have you been doing machine POs? DB POs are not the same.

Thanks for the pdf workouts. Those are awesome.
Now I only do machine pullovers. I’m luck my gym has one. Never really liked the barbell version and the single dumbell seemed to strain my shoulders.

May I ask what is the source of these workout transcriptions?

I want to say those transcripts came from something Dr. D wrote, but I can find no record. Perhaps it was Drew Baye, who had also done a series of articles on the Colorado Experiment. I’ll research more later when I can look at my external hard drive and USB sticks at home.

Found it. It is Dr from an actual T-Nation article in 2016. I also was trying to remember why it shows free weight exercises and not Nautilus machines. Dr D explains: “The following workouts were adapted by Jones and me for use with free weights and a few conventional strength-training machines.”

Very cool. Thanks

I am Wondering with so much variety how can one be progressive. Or is just consistent to failure workouts enough.

I downloaded PDFs of the actual Colorado Experiment workouts that Casey and Arthur both did along with the weights & reps way back in they day off Cyberpump. These were the had written notes that Arthur took during the workouts. Ellington’s look to be trying to correlate the machines they used into exercises most of us would have access to.

dbol504: Did you save those downloads in a file? I’d love to see the actual exercises.

Dr. D: For what you termed “Stiff-Legged DLs” in the free weight version, did that correspond to the old Hip & Glute Nautilus machine?

Please share :blush:

You’re right. Too much variety can lead to problems in evaluations. There must be a balance.

Yes.

It would be awesome to pass down the routines from the Colorado experiment in a book or ebook. Hope you can make that happen in the foreseeable future., even if the exercises are not substituted in the writings, just as a historical perspective.

The Colorado experiment and all its workouts are on T-Nation in an article. Just search Colorado experiment.

Actually they are not. They are modified workouts Arthur Jones created for Dr Darden using more conventional equipment.

Ah you are right. My apologies.

Here you go

1 Like

I saw that video…stg strength has a fantastic gym setup…thats only one of the workouts replicated, as Dr. Darden implies…each of the 14 workouts were different

Finally had a second to create a download link for the Colorado Experiment logs. Workout 1 was missing when I got this, but the rest are here for Casey and Arthur.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1XIV6_QtomPzEBXdm3tukpIs-IGKFZDap

2 Likes