No Butter Knives in School

Monday, October 22, 2007
SC girl expelled after she brought butter knife to school
A 14-year-old girl has been expelled because she brought a butter knife to her South Carolina high school, ABC News reports. (Accidentally, she said – she was in a hurry making breakfast and didn’t think it through. She put it in her locker.) The district might let her back in school next fall.

The district’s response?

“It’s not what we would consider to be a traditional butter knife,” Bailey told ABC News. “Even though it’s blunt on the end, it does have a serrated edge.”

Posted by James Hart on Monday, October 22, 2007 at 09:38

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2007/10/sc-girl-expelle.html

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
“It’s not what we would consider to be a traditional butter knife,” Bailey told ABC News. “Even though it’s blunt on the end, it does have a serrated edge.”
[/quote]

Un-fucking-believable.

School administrators have become too lazy to think. For shits sake, they’re kids at school, not violent criminals in a high security lockdown.
Anybody with half a working brain in their head would be able to distinguish the difference between a kid who wants to kill someone and a kid who has a butter knife as part of their lunch kit.

Butter knifes are the gateway knife.

Pretty soon, she’ll start bringing in paring knifes, then she’ll move up to steak knifes, and before you know it she’ll be toting a K-Bar in her backpack.

From there, things will only get worse, as she moves on to other edged weapons (cleavers, axes, scythes) and eventually works her way up to projectile weapons and biological agents.

Can’t you people see the progression? It’s so damn obvious a blind man could see it.

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:

Pretty soon, she’ll start bringing in paring knifes, then she’ll move up to steak knifes, and before you know it she’ll be toting a K-Bar in her backpack.

From there, things will only get worse, as she moves on to other edged weapons (cleavers, axes, scythes) and eventually works her way up to projectile weapons and biological agents.

Can’t you people see the progression? It’s so damn obvious a blind man could see it.[/quote]

i support this fully. butter knife today, A-bomb the next

[quote]Steve4192 wrote:

Can’t you people see the progression? It’s so damn obvious a blind man could see it.[/quote]

I butter my toast with a medieval executioners axe… boy do I get weird looks at the coffee shop.

In HS I was charged with having a class three weapon which falls under “fire arms, hunting knives, explosives, and RPG’s” I freaken kid you not it has RPG’s in the rule.

My weapon of choice? A spiked dog collar which I used to wear b/c I was one of those punk kids. Haha yes all point and laugh I was a skater ha ha. But I mean really a necklace the same as a RPG?

Oh well I called their bluff and nothing ever happened and I kept on wearing it.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

My weapon of choice? A spiked dog collar which I used to wear b/c I was one of those punk kids. Haha yes all point and laugh I was a skater ha ha. [/quote]

Get back to Hot Topic you bitch!

[quote]Arc_1mpuls3 wrote:
Steve4192 wrote:

Can’t you people see the progression? It’s so damn obvious a blind man could see it.

I butter my toast with a medieval executioners axe… boy do I get weird looks at the coffee shop.[/quote]

Just try not to melt it with a nuclear weapon. At least if other means are available.

Haha, Im surprised it happened in Charleston…usually wacky shit like that happens somewhere like Columbia or Florence.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Posted by James Hart on Monday, October 22, 2007 at 09:38

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2007/10/sc-girl-expelle.html
[/quote]

I’ve never heard of such a weapon. Serrated edge?! What’s this world coming to?

This was a typo. She got kicked out for showing up with a butter FACE, not butter knife. More schools should do this.

DB

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Just try not to melt it with a nuclear weapon. At least if other means are available.
[/quote]

Hey! That was only once, and it was because I was fresh out of the bones of my enemies to burn. What would you have me do??? Burn the bones of people around me… wait a second…

This is why zero-tolerance policies are stupid. Why doesn’t anybody have common sense these days?

I heard on the radio this morning that a 7 year old was suspended for drawing a picture of a stick figure with a gun. We used to do that all of the time. We would draw pictures of video games like Contra, there would be handguns, bazookas, assault rifles, you name it. None of us brought a gun to school.

Oh yeah, and my mom routinely packed butter knives and even (Gasp!) pearing knives in my lunch. It’s a miracle I didn’t stab anybody.

Id like to see the weapon on hand.

Either

1. the student was your typical problem started, poor academic record and probably has involvement with fighting, drugs, etc. and this is a rule they took advantage of to remove this kid from the system

or

1. this is just dumb

After reading the article and hearing that she was a good student and was your typical “model student,” this is just dumb.

Oh, no. Serrated edges. She might do something ungodly awful, like exfoliate someone to death.

LOL. Pencils are more dangerous. I fear for my life whenever it is time for my students to do a grammar exercise.

Bunch of bullshit, kind of makes me want to move back to New Zealand where shit like this would be laughed at so hard.