T Nation

No Budget Anymore! Help Picking Supps

Because of recent developments I am no longer on a budget (to sane extents), thus I can purchase whatever is necessary supplement-wise.

Back when I was still on a budget, I only took Flameout. Right now, I'm searching for adds and need some help picking the right mix. Some info:

I'm almost 20 years old and fairly skinny (working on it, slowly increasing my cal/food intake), so I think the most important thing is adding mass.

I have composed the following list, but I'm not sure if it's optimal:

Flameout
Superfood
FA3
Surge Recovery

I think I might be missing something here.

Creatine and Metabolic Drive Complete and or Grow! You need plenty of quality grams of protein/carbs and calories to pack on muscle/size in addition to what you are eating.

D

Don't forget the food to!

Avocados, Strawberries, bananas, Blueberries, Walnuts, Almonds, Chicken breasts, steaks, ground turkey, yams, Olive oil, salmon, halibut, cod, peppers, natural peanut butter, big bag of rice, and all the good spices.

If you got cash then go do a big grocery shop.

I wouldn't spend your money on ancillary supplements for right now; things like fish oil and greens can wait until you have extra funds available. They are great supplements but do not have a direct impact on your quest for mass.

For now a simple stack containing the following would work well:
- Metabolic Drive or other quality protein powder, PWO only.
- Creapure Creatine Monohydrate, 5 grams daily.

This stack should cost your less than $50 for a three month supply ($35 for Protein and $15 Creatine) and will give you a good return on investment. Use whole foods as your primary protein source thoughout the day and eat a lot of eggs, milk, lean beef, and chicken.

Multi V
Vitamin D
Uni-Liver
Whey Protein
Creatine
Fish Oil
Hey dude this is what I take so maybe you can try some of these choices. Peace.

I bought Surge rec, SWF, creatine, and whey. It's worked tremendous for me. I've gained over 10lbs in 4 weeks. No joke, 10 whole lbs.

That is a good supplement stack, minus the Uni-Liver and Vitamin D (unless you are taking it for a specific reason) - but the original poster said that he was on a budget and trying to use as few supplements as possible.

In my opinion creatine and protein are the most valuable supplements and are also relatively cost effective.

since when does 2 lbs of protein last three months?

I wouldn't classify any of these, or any other supplements, as necessary, but these are good core products.

I consider Flameout, FA3, and Superfood to be more "health" supplements, whereas Surge Recovery will have a more direct bearing on gaining muscle.

Maybe my opening post was confusing, but what I was trying to say is that I am no longer on a budget, so aside from all the good food I now have more than enough money to spend on whatever supplements necessary.

vit. D should probably be a part of everyone's stack, and it's cheap

So let me get this straight,

Core supplements (health/general):

Flameout - check
FA3 - check
Superfood - check
Rez-V

Proteins:

Metabolic Drive Low-Carb
SURGE Recovery
Grow!
Metabolic Drive Complete

Anabolic/Testosterone:

Alpha Male
Carbolin 19
L-Leucine
Receptormax
Rez-V
TRIBEX Gold
Z-12
ZMA

Rest (not including fat-loss/spike series/bars products):

Alpha-GPC
Increases Explosive Force and GH - Instantly

BCAA
Branched-Chain Amino Acids

Beta-7
Time-Release Beta-Alanine

Creatine
The Original - German Micronized Creatine Monohydrate

Curcumin 500
For against muscle soreness and general health

Power Drive
Rocket Fuel for the Mind

Receptormax
Maximizes Anabolic Effects of Insulin and Testosterone

Rhodiola
Rhodiola rosea - 15% Rosavins

SURGE High-Performance Workout Fuel
Made for the Elite!

The check-tag labels the products I already have in my list.

As you can see, I need a protein. However, I am a bit lost with all the proteins and whatnot. From this article: https://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/the_13_super_stacks a mass stack would look as follows:

I was searching for some opinions on this.