No Bread, Pasta, Rice?

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
Cron391 wrote:
Rice, Pasts and carbs aren’t the devil like most people portray them to be. Just make sure they are wholesome food and not CRAP. Besides if you are lifting hard and eating right you wont gain that much fat even if you are eating lots of carbs, just make sure they are good carbs.

ahh yes,“good” carbs.

so, are those like, the carbs that say their prayers, do their homework and keep their room clean?

what about “clean” carbs? can’t i just wash my dirty carbs before i eat them?

So if I read between this thinly veiled cynicism…your expertise is telling us that 1 g CHO from processed flour has the physiological effect as 1 g CHO from brown rice? Where do you get your information from man? I’ve seen your nutrition advice all over these forums and it’s absolute garbage…

Try posting some useful feedback every once in a while. [/quote]

And here I was, thinking that I’m all alone who thinks that JMo is a douchenozel

JMoUCF87 wrote:
Cron391 wrote:
Rice, Pasts and carbs aren’t the devil like most people portray them to be. Just make sure they are wholesome food and not CRAP. Besides if you are lifting hard and eating right you wont gain that much fat even if you are eating lots of carbs, just make sure they are good carbs.

ahh yes,“good” carbs.

so, are those like, the carbs that say their prayers, do their homework and keep their room clean?

So if I read between this thinly veiled cynicism…your expertise is telling us that 1 g CHO from processed flour has the physiological effect as 1 g CHO from brown rice? Where do you get your information from man? I’ve seen your nutrition advice all over these forums and it’s absolute garbage…

Try posting some useful feedback every once in a while. [/quote]

first read this:

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/is-a-calorie-a-calorie.html

and this:

responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-
nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-
composition-research-review.html

and this:

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/all-diets-work
-the-importance-of-calories.html

and this:

flzine.com/alan-aragon-vs-noobette-the-rice-wars/

my body can’t differentiate between one molecule of glucose and another, regardless of how many other molecules it was bound to before being digested. can yours?

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:

And here I was, thinking that I’m all alone who thinks that JMo is a douchenozel[/quote]

that’s ok, i don’t go online to make friends. but rest assured, the feeling is entirely mutual :slight_smile:

For someone who only curls 30 lbs DB’s with your heavy set of DB bench involving 100 lbs DB’s you sure know your shit! I’m floored by your knowledge of nutrition. Why don’t you put up a pic to show us mere mortals that you don’t just talk the talk.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
phatkins187 wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
Cron391 wrote:

ahh yes,“good” carbs.

Try posting some useful feedback every once in a while.

first read this:

and this:

and this:

and this:

my body can’t differentiate between one molecule of glucose and another, regardless of how many other molecules it was bound to before being digested. can yours?

[/quote]

More “reducing macronutrients causes fat loss because people must be eating less calories” assumption crap. keep reading your dot-coms, I’ll keep reading science.

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
phatkins187 wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
Cron391 wrote:

ahh yes,“good” carbs.

Try posting some useful feedback every once in a while.

first read this:

and this:

and this:

and this:

More “reducing macronutrients causes fat loss because people must be eating less calories” assumption crap. keep reading your dot-coms, I’ll keep reading science.

[/quote]

the point where you’re at (i.e. believing that calorie reduction doesn’t work) is beyond the point where i can help you. i only hope you one day look back at what you’ve written here and say to yourself “what a fuckin idiot i was”

You’re still completely ignoring the nutritional benefits of fiber, micronutrients and vitamins that are absent from the “unclean” sources. McDonald’s dieting techniques are based around pure starvation with one high caloric day…try convincing ANYONE this is healthy in the long run. Even you would admit it isn’t…they are crash dieting techniques to induce ketosis and lowered metabolism to burn fat.

Also, a one time study of 3 meals consisting of similar macronutrients and calories won’t show the terrible long term effects on your cardiovascular system. You think HDL cholesterol will change after one meal of McDonald’s or BK? Probably not!

When you decide to get ripped using a Lyle McDonald 800 kcal a day diet after your dirty carb cycling whatever it is that’s probably mostly composed of cafeteria food at your junior college nutritional plan, THEN you can use him as a reference.

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
For someone who only curls 30 lbs DB’s with your heavy set of DB bench involving 100 lbs DB’s you sure know your shit! I’m floored by your knowledge of nutrition. Why don’t you put up a pic to show us mere mortals that you don’t just talk the talk.
[/quote]

sigh more pic requests.

i swear, i get so many men asking me to post my pics on this board, if i didn’t know any better i’d think this was a gay dating site.

and the reason i only curl 30’s is two fold:

1. i actually use strict form and a moderate tempo when i perform curls

2. i’ve only begun training arms the since i returned from my extended layoff ~2.5 months ago. before that i didn’t think direct arm work was necessary due to the fact that for years i listened to some of the morons on this site (i.e. “squats make ur arms jakt!”)

i’m glad i have another fan though, maybe you should log in and reply to my thread there.

You’re still completely ignoring the nutritional benefits of fiber, micronutrients and vitamins that are absent from the “unclean” sources. McDonald’s dieting techniques are based around pure starvation with one high caloric day…try convincing ANYONE this is healthy in the long run. Even you would admit it isn’t…they are crash dieting techniques to induce ketosis and lowered metabolism to burn fat.

Also, a one time study of 3 meals consisting of similar macronutrients and calories won’t show the terrible long term effects on your cardiovascular system. You think HDL cholesterol will change after one meal of McDonald’s or BK? Probably not!

When you decide to get ripped using a Lyle McDonald 800 kcal a day diet after your dirty carb cycling whatever it is that’s probably mostly composed of cafeteria food at your junior college nutritional plan, THEN you can use him as a reference.[/quote]

that just shows your ignorance of lyle’s dieting beliefs. i’ll run though them, though, just for kicks.

1. lyles PSMF diet is not the only diet he uses, nor is it even one he reccomends for most people.

read here:

rapid-fat-loss-right-for-you.html

1. lyle’s PSMF diet (the one which you’re referring to) includes copious amounts of low-calorie density veggies, as well as a detailed list of micronutrients to supplement with. this will provide a ton more nutrition from whole foods than the V-Diet for which this site seems to be so keen on, which doesn’t even allow for celery.

2. i cook all my own food, as well as weigh, measure, and record nearly everything i put in my mouth. my results doing this have FAR exceeded my results when i was simply just “eating clean”

3. nowhere did i advocate eating processed foods EXCLUSIVELY. however, a diet based around plenty of nutritious, whole foods can also include moderate amounts of “naughy foods” with no adverse physique (or dare i say, health) effects.

finally: i challenge ANYONE to give me a completely objective definition of “clean food”. go ahead, i’m all ears.

JMoUCF87 - how did you get so many haters? Your posts are certainly more informative than plenty of others around here.

To the OP - if you’ve been trying to shed the same fat for awhile now, why not try out the “no bread, pasta, rice” plan that you brought up. So much of the nutrition equation is based on trial and error, experience and learning your own genetics – so go ahead and experiment with it and see how you respond.

EDIT - just noticed that I just echoed the first few responses. Ah well, there’s a reason practical advice often gets repeated.

[quote]chillain wrote:
JMoUCF87 - how did you get so many haters? Your posts are certainly more informative than plenty of others around here.[/quote]
But they’re not. His info is misleading. He often takes one thing out of a study, and totally neglects ALL other confounding variables.
He made it his mission to argue with everyone on here. Judging by his answers to posts, I’m pretty safe in assuming that he’s histrionic. And a troll.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:

the point where you’re at (i.e. believing that calorie reduction doesn’t work) is beyond the point where i can help you. i only hope you one day look back at what you’ve written here and say to yourself “what a fuckin idiot i was”[/quote]

funny, I’ve never said i believe calorie restriction doesn’t work.

but i’m good, because i can say today, that i KNOW what an idiot you are. as do others here, which i’m pretty sure, deep down you know already

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
chillain wrote:
JMoUCF87 - how did you get so many haters? Your posts are certainly more informative than plenty of others around here.
But they’re not. His info is misleading. He often takes one thing out of a study, and totally neglects ALL other confounding variables.
He made it his mission to argue with everyone on here. Judging by his answers to posts, I’m pretty safe in assuming that he’s histrionic. And a troll.[/quote]

pretty much sums it up perfectly

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
Da Vinci wrote:

sigh more pic requests.

i swear, i get so many men asking me to post my pics on this board, if i didn’t know any better i’d think this was a gay dating site.

and the reason i only curl 30’s is two fold:

1. i actually use strict form and a moderate tempo when i perform curls

2. i’ve only begun training arms the since i returned from my extended layoff ~2.5 months ago. before that i didn’t think direct arm work was necessary due to the fact that for years i listened to some of the morons on this site (i.e. “squats make ur arms jakt!”)

i’m glad i have another fan though, maybe you should log in and reply to my thread there. [/quote]

100% predicted. Yap Yap Yap.