NN-Dimethylglycine

Or DMG. I have read a bit about it. I have some sitting around the apartment and apparently it has something to do with burning calories or energy expenditure.

Anyone got any good info or experience with this supplement?

I actually got a couple people in my store using it for memory. Dunno man…that’s…dunno…i haven’t honestly read enough about it to know its full uses.

Yea I read that it helps kids with autism and ADD. But then I also read that it has something with burning calories. I haven’t read any fantastic claims about it though.

i’d rather use tmg which then gets converted into dmg. following info taken from b.a.c.

TMG, TriMethylGlycine, aka betaine base, a natural metabolic product of choline, is a methyl donor which lowers levels of plaque-forming homocysteine and raises levels of SAMe, a powerful antidepressant and anti-arthritis substance. In the liver, TMG helps metabolize fat, and increases detoxifying liver enzymes and antioxidant glutathione levels. After giving up a methyl group, it turns into antiaging sports nutrient *533 DMG. In farm animals, TMG is used to decrease fat and increase meat production. Suggested daily dose is 500-1500mg with other anti-homocysteine nutrients: B6, B12, folic acid, & choline. People with depression or liver disease take up to 6 grams a day safely. Sweet taste in water.

DMG, Dimethylglycine, stimulates oxygen utilization and helps protect from free radical damage, lowers cholesterol levels, improves heart function, liver metabolism & detoxification, and reduces lactic acid resulting in more efficient muscle contraction & muscle recovery, and high physical & mental energy levels.

laters pk

This oxygen utilization thing is interesting.

pk, you know better than to reprint supplement company bullshit spin.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
pk, you know better than to reprint supplement company bullshit spin.[/quote]

that’s why i put the source. people can take it for what it’s worth. :slight_smile: laters pk

I’ve used it at many different doses, never noticed much. NADH seemed to work though.