NJ Wildfire WTF?

So let me get this straight now the air force is starting forest fires and strafing Elementary schools. I guess that’s just one more thing that doesn’t raise an eyebrow of the public anymore. Nope, everybody is too busy watching American Idol and Nascar.

“The Warren Grove Gunnery Range, about 25 miles north of Atlantic City, was also involved in the accidental strafing in 2004 of an elementary school during a training exercise.”

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_fires.5853537may17,0,4351783.story?coll=all-news-hed

3537may17,0,4351783.story?coll=all-news-hed

Accidental.

Look it up and your eyebrows will remain at their resting position too.

I think it raised a lot eyebrows in NJ from what I’ve seen and read.

The Pine Barrens are a pretty rural area and I don’t think Warren Grove is unwelcome but it does recieve a lot of scrutiny being in NJ.

The pilot popped a flare which did not burn out completely before it hit the ground. It was either faulty or he was lower then he should of been while dropping that flare, in peacetime.

The AF opened up a claims office in Tuckerton and doesn’t dispute it’s liability as far as I know.

There are probably fires in that gunnery training area every year. My tank company used to burn down most of the Greater Sandy Run Training Area in North Carolina every spring during gunnery training.

My tank started a 250 acre fire in Croatia with one burst of 7.62mm machine gun. It isn’t a good training day unless you leave the range in flames!

[quote]hedo wrote:

The AF opened up a claims office in Tuckerton and doesn’t dispute it’s liability as far as I know.[/quote]

They should be shaking everyone’s hand and thanking them walking in an out of there (for several reasons).

Like somebody drops a barbell on your chest and when you go to the doctor, he catches some cancer ‘just in time’, and the guy who blew the spot offers to help with the medical bills.

Damned lucky it was a flare and not some other cause.

[quote]lucasa wrote:
hedo wrote:

The AF opened up a claims office in Tuckerton and doesn’t dispute it’s liability as far as I know.

They should be shaking everyone’s hand and thanking them walking in an out of there (for several reasons).

Like somebody drops a barbell on your chest and when you go to the doctor, he catches some cancer ‘just in time’, and the guy who blew the spot offers to help with the medical bills.

Damned lucky it was a flare and not some other cause.[/quote]

That is right. If it was a stray cigarette some people would lose a lot of money. When a forest is ready to burn it is going to go.