nizoral

I just bought some nonprescription Nizoral (Ketoconazole 1%)at Walmart. The directions are to use it once every 3-4 days. Anybody have any experiences with this product for stopping hair loss? And at what dosage? Thanks.

Another case of someone buying something, and then asking what people thought of it. Do the research before buying something, not after. That makes sense doesn’t it?

I thought Nizoral was for athletes foot.

Nizoral is an anti fungal shampoo, that really no one knows why or how it works. Some people like the stuff though. I doubt it will do much. But worth a try.

I think it was Dan Duchane who popularized using Nizoral especially during a roid cycle to help stop hair loss. I believe it has been shown to block DHT which is part of the reason people lose their hair. I have used it and think it helps in slowing or stopping loss. I don’t think it will do much for regrowth but give it a shot. You should use it every other day I believe for hair loss.

I have used it for a number of years now. You need to lather up your head with it, and leave it there for a number of minutes. You can use it daily if you wish, just realize it dries out the hair, so use a good conditioner and some Infusiom 23 leave in conditioner. I am not losing my hair, but I don’t take chances, if you saw the men in my genetic pool you’d understand.

Thanks to those who replied. Jval, you contributed nothing constructive to the thread. I did research Nizoral first; my question was not answered by the research, which is why I asked it.