nizoral for hair loss?

I’ve heard people say Nizoral shampoo works for blocking androgen receptors in the scalp. I’ve also heard people say that it sucks, and don’t bother using it. I just bought some over-the-counter nizoral shampoo, and I intend to use it once every night before I go to bed. I’ll rub it in and let it sit on my head for 5 minutes then rinse.
Does anyone know if sufficient amounts of the active ingredient can seep transdermally into the blood stream and fuck up androgen receptiveness in the body?

Even really powerful anti-androgens like spironolactane and flutamide did not cause systemic effects (in studies) when applied topically to men.

Are you the one that wears a football helmet while driving? :wink:

It wasn’t a football helmet, it was an Igloo cooler that I heated-up until plyable, then molded it permenantly to me head.

I have been using over-the-counter Nizoral shampoo for over 3 years now. It doesn’t help you growing more hair, but it does a good job thickening the hair you still have.

I was on Propecia and it did a good job growing back most of the hair I lost. But after two years, the progress stalled. So I started using Nazoral along with Propecia. Within 3 month, I noticed my hairs are thicker and looking much better.

I personally only use it every 3 days. I get little red spots that look like zits on my head if I use it everyday.

I don’t think Nazoral works on MPB by itself. But it’s a good product to use in combination with either Propecia or topical Spiro.