Nitric Oxide

I have a friend who is raving about the strength gains made possible by a supplement called nitric oxide. He has been lifting consistently using a westside protocol for the last three years. He claims to have gained 10 lbs of lean mass in the last 2 months because of NO. Is this product for real, or is it just another way to waste hard-earned money at GNC?

Dave Barr wrote a 2-part article about this a short while ago.

Here’s a link to part 1:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=556124

(He didn’t like it.)

Was he just beginning? My brother didnt beleive all the “its crap” because he bought it right when it just came out when there wasnt much time to bash or be sceptical of it. He used it and he made gains, its just that he was beginning to lift after a year of not lifting.

The gains he made were made by getting back to iron, not NO2. Technically, he could make gains while using NO, its just not from it haha.

Dirk, I need to hijack the thread for a second. I think we’ve all been guilty (myself incuded) of equating arginine supplements with Nitric Oxide. This isn’t the case.

We need to refer to arginine supplements as “arginine supplements” (because hey, that’s just what they are ;).

End Hijack.

[quote]Dirk Gently wrote:
I have a friend who is raving about the strength gains made possible by a supplement called nitric oxide. He has been lifting consistently using a westside protocol for the last three years. He claims to have gained 10 lbs of lean mass in the last 2 months because of NO. Is this product for real, or is it just another way to waste hard-earned money at GNC?[/quote]

be aware many NO supplements contain creatine - a very good reason for why his weight went up.

Some have Creatine, but a good diet helps too since the product is supposed to open up your veins and blood delivery system better and it is supposed to help with protein synthesis.