Nitric Oxide/Creatine Formula Causes Headaches

Hey
Last week I purchased a NOS supplement, MetRx Amped ECN NOS.
I have been taking 2 servings of it, one 30 mins before the workout and the other during the first half of the workout.
Besides waking me up (kinda the way coffee affects me) I didn’t really notice much change. Basically it made me feel refreshed even on days I’d normally be very tired and want to sleep. Besides that I didn’t really feel the “increased pump” effect or noticed any significat strength gains. Perhaps I would get fatigued less during training and generally feel more refreshed.

Aside from that I noticed some side-effects, some more minors but others much more scary.
I train at night, so after drinking it and going through training I had trouble falling a sleep, it felt as if I could go on awake the whole night, but this was to be expected. The more major side-effect, which made me write this post is that when training, especially doing hard excercises I feel like I have alot more pressure in my head than usual, which feels like its going to explore. Same with when I try to pick up something from the floor with the head pointing downwards. It also gives me slight dizziness, I feel kinda like really refreshed on the one hand, and kinda “dizzy-high” on the other.

My girlfriend is also taking it and she hasn’t noticed anything like this. I must say that I rarely drink any coffee and 1 cup of esspresso usually kicks me up pretty high, plus I never drink it before workouts as it makes me jittery.

Are the effects I’m describing with the NOS supplement something common and will it go away after a while (so far took it only 3 times), should I perhaps lower the dose or drop it all together? I must say I got pretty scared today when I couldn’t do pullups because of the pressure in my head.

Thanks in advance.

NO formulas are crap

sounds like you just need to wipe the sand out of your vagina to be honest.

Just read the most recent compilation of research studies from the NSCA’s Strength and Conditioning Journal, and to reiterate what I’ve been saying for a long while, there is no research anywhere that shows that these NO products work. The premise that orally ingested arginine will have any effect on increasing blood flow, or even improving performance and recovery is “speculative at best”. The actual studies that these supplement companies “borrow” their info from were done with 20-30g of INTRAVENOUS Arginine, vs the 3g (TOPS!) of ORALLY ingested that will be hindered by the “extensive elimination due to intestinal arginase activity”. WHat does this mean? It means that you’re taking a Sugar and Caffeine supplement that’s essentially doing nothing other than lightening your wallet. That would explain inability to sleep, you’re getting the same effect that you would if you drank a big ol’ espresso at night :slight_smile:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Just read the most recent compilation of research studies from the NSCA’s Strength and Conditioning Journal, and to reiterate what I’ve been saying for a long while, there is no research anywhere that shows that these NO products work. The premise that orally ingested arginine will have any effect on increasing blood flow, or even improving performance and recovery is “speculative at best”. The actual studies that these supplement companies “borrow” their info from were done with 20-30g of INTRAVENOUS Arginine, vs the 3g (TOPS!) of ORALLY ingested that will be hindered by the “extensive elimination due to intestinal arginase activity”. WHat does this mean? It means that you’re taking a Sugar and Caffeine supplement that’s essentially doing nothing other than lightening your wallet. That would explain inability to sleep, you’re getting the same effect that you would if you drank a big ol’ espresso at night :slight_smile:

S

[/quote]

So scientifically what you are telling the OP is : Wipe the sand out of your vagina, got it! lol

lol 'Zactly! :smiley:

A

Common sense goes a long way too. If you’re taking something that you know is hurting you, just quit. When I first started lifting I thought I needed NO (since a guy I knew said it was awesome, it must be…right?) After two times using it, and getting the most insane headaches at the gym, I realized it was crap, so I quit. Simple.

C…

Dude, look at the ingredients, there’s 100g of caffeine in each scoop of the stuff (about the same as a cup of coffee). That’s probably it. If not that, then some of the “pump” agents might be jacking with bloodflow to your brain, which can be a source of headaches (the same way caffeine can cause/cure headaches)

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

[/quote]

So scientifically what you are telling the OP is : Wipe the sand out of your vagina, got it! lol[/quote]

No effect but obviously affect and OP should quit taking it

[quote]EasyRhino wrote:
Dude, look at the ingredients, there’s 100g of caffeine in each scoop of the stuff (about the same as a cup of coffee). That’s probably it. If not that, then some of the “pump” agents might be jacking with bloodflow to your brain, which can be a source of headaches (the same way caffeine can cause/cure headaches)[/quote]

If it were actually 100g of caffeine then I would not surprised if his head exploded. 100mg I assume you mean?

To the OP: If it hurts, don’t do it. If it makes your head hurt, don’t take it. More importantly, there’s a reason why Biotest do not sell a NO supplement - they don’t work.

Probably just the caffeine in those crap NO supps. NOXplode has something like 800mg per recommended serving. That would explain the trouble sleeping, and possibly the light-headedness (vasoconstriction in the brain? I’m no doctor, just a guess).

[quote]WP wrote:
If it were actually 100g of caffeine then I would not surprised if his head exploded. 100mg I assume you mean?.[/quote]
Lol true. mg. I don’t know how many scoops are being used by OP.