T Nation

Nipple Sensitivity So Soon?

Hello all!

Stats
40yrs old
Cycles under belt 8 over last 5 years

Started 10 days ago:

Test Prop 150mgs EOD (First time using prop)
T-bol 60mgs EOD
Propecia 1mg (Been on for 2yrs already eod)

At day 8 started to feel a lot of nipple sensitivity in both nipples. I have used test-e, sust, in the past and never experienced this sensitivity so soon.

I went on A-DEX 1mg at day 8 first thing in the morning. Sensitivity goes way down by the afternoon and comes back when I wake up again next morning.

I am on day 3 of A-DEX 1mg ed and still have light sensitivity.

Do I need to wait a week or so taking 1mg A-DEX ed and see what happens? If sensitivity does not go away then do I need to switch from Test Prop to Test E?

Remember I have never taken Test Prop alone before.

I am taking 2mgs ed of Propecia for hair, 1am and 1pm. I am thinking this might be contributing as well.

Any thoughts?

Do you have pharm grade adex or is it from a research lab?

Straight from pharm, expensive as hell!

I’d split the adex dosage up. .5mg at a time. 525mg of T per week isn’t all that much but sensitivity to these things can change over time. 1mg of pharm Adex should be plenty. You may want to invest into some letro if you are going to be using that much adex. 1mg of adex per day will get very expensive.

There is also the possiblilty that you have ‘pseudo-gyno’. I think Bill R uses the term. IIRC he has encountered men who believe they are getting breast growth and then make it worse (not physically worse) by touching and examining their nipples too often, leading to more soreness. Are your shirts chaffing you? Try to not touch your nipples at all for a while. If they start getting painful, like noticeable pain even when not touching them, then feel around for a small lump every now and then.

Bonez217, you have some good info and I appreciate your help.

never had a real issue except a small knot on one cycle 3 years ago and it went away with a-dex.

You helped with my cycle advise. I went with T-Bol instead of Anavar. I wonder if I should switch to the Var instead. Maybe I should wait a few days of seeing the results from the a-dex and see what happens. So you say split a-dex in half and take in am and pm? Do you have a source for letro. Never taken it.

Please advise.

Shirts don’t bother nipples, just feels like slight tenderness.

[quote]adventurer wrote:
Bonez217, you have some good info and I appreciate your help.

never had a real issue except a small knot on one cycle 3 years ago and it went away with a-dex.

You helped with my cycle advise. I went with T-Bol instead of Anavar. I wonder if I should switch to the Var instead. Maybe I should wait a few days of seeing the results from the a-dex and see what happens. So you say split a-dex in half and take in am and pm? Do you have a source for letro. Never taken it.

Please advise.[/quote]

No, sorry I don’t. I don’t use letro as I over respond to adex. I use tiny amounts compared to most.

Don’t panic at this point though. Give the adex a little time. I know you want to stay on top of this but if your adex is for real you should be fine eventually. Is there any way for you to get your estradiol levels checked? I hear it is a fairly inexpensive test.

I have all my lab reults from a week 15 days ago before I started cycle.

Do you know what the lab test is called? Or what the abbreviations may be?

If not I can speak with my physician.

Please advise if I should split a-dex up to am and pm?

[quote]adventurer wrote:
I have all my lab reults from a week 15 days ago before I started cycle.

Do you know what the lab test is called? Or what the abbreviations may be?

If not I can speak with my physician.

Please advise if I should split a-dex up to am and pm?[/quote]

E2 extra sensitive. I believe the optimal number is around 22-24 and I forget the units, sorry.

Yea am/pm works.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
sensitivity to these things can change over time. 1mg of pharm Adex should be plenty. [/quote]
Can it? I have looked at several long term studies of aromatase inhibitors and the most I have seen is like a 6% reduction in effectiveness, at the same dose for >6mo.

[quote]Detroitlionsbaby wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
sensitivity to these things can change over time. 1mg of pharm Adex should be plenty.
Can it? I have looked at several long term studies of aromatase inhibitors and the most I have seen is like a 6% reduction in effectiveness, at the same dose for >6mo.[/quote]

Im just going by what I’ve heard. Completely anecdotal. I’ve heard of people becoming more sensitive to gyno over time. I don’t know anything about the adex losing it’s effect. Maybe it has something to do with someone developing slighty more breast growth with each cycle, making it more noticeable as time goes on. Or maybe once a bit of gyno sets it the body becomes more prone further breast growth, I really don’t know.

Could it have to do with age? As a man ages his hormone levels change, possibly leading to an increase in aromatase activity. Again, I’m just throwing ideas around.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Detroitlionsbaby wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
sensitivity to these things can change over time. 1mg of pharm Adex should be plenty.
Can it? I have looked at several long term studies of aromatase inhibitors and the most I have seen is like a 6% reduction in effectiveness, at the same dose for >6mo.

Im just going by what I’ve heard. Completely anecdotal. I’ve heard of people becoming more sensitive to gyno over time. I don’t know anything about the adex losing it’s effect. Maybe it has something to do with someone developing slighty more breast growth with each cycle, making it more noticeable as time goes on. Or maybe once a bit of gyno sets it the body becomes more prone further breast growth, I really don’t know.

Could it have to do with age? As a man ages his hormone levels change, possibly leading to an increase in aromatase activity. Again, I’m just throwing ideas around. [/quote]

Oh okay, works for me!

My left nipple was hard for almost a month when I started with test cyp… It was a little sensitive because of that but no other sides arose…

B0nzz

How did you get rid of it?

It just went away. My wife actually pointed it out. Now the right one is a little more sensitive then righty but the little fucker was at attention for a month…
Lets face it, I am a stones throw away from 40 as you are and i have always read the older you get, the more sides that are possible.
Just make sure you mind is not getting the best of you… Like I said my nipple was soar but that’s because it was hard for so long…

If it started producing milk, then I would have shit myself =/

B0nzz

[quote]adventurer wrote:
Hello all!

Stats
40yrs old
Cycles under belt 8 over last 5 years

Started 10 days ago:

Test Prop 150mgs EOD (First time using prop)
T-bol 60mgs EOD
Propecia 1mg (Been on for 2yrs already eod)

At day 8 started to feel a lot of nipple sensitivity in both nipples. I have used test-e, sust, in the past and never experienced this sensitivity so soon.

I went on A-DEX 1mg at day 8 first thing in the morning. Sensitivity goes way down by the afternoon and comes back when I wake up again next morning.

I am on day 3 of A-DEX 1mg ed and still have light sensitivity.

Do I need to wait a week or so taking 1mg A-DEX ed and see what happens? If sensitivity does not go away then do I need to switch from Test Prop to Test E?

Remember I have never taken Test Prop alone before.

I am taking 2mgs ed of Propecia for hair, 1am and 1pm. I am thinking this might be contributing as well.

Any thoughts? [/quote]

Using Propecia limits DHT, limiting DHT and raising estrogen even a bit will lead to estrogen issues.

DHT downgrades the effects of estrogen in the body.