Ninja Warrior!

has anyone else been watching this show on G4?? My roommates and I are currently obsessed with it (2nd next to heroes on our list).

http://www.g4tv.com/ninjawarrior/index.html

I’ll dig up some youtube clips for you guys later today.

I only watch “Women of Ninja Warrior” on the off-chance that the chick who wears a thong will show up.

Also, Paul Terek (Olympic decathelete) was on and kicked ASS…right up until the Cliff Hanger.

It’s inspirational and humbling at the same time. I watch it every chance I get, and I still can’t believe that anyone can make it past the Cliffhanger AND the curtain cling in the same day.

[quote]Ren wrote:
has anyone else been watching this show on G4?? My roommates and I are currently obsessed with it (2nd next to heroes on our list).

http://www.g4tv.com/ninjawarrior/index.html

I’ll dig up some youtube clips for you guys later today.[/quote]

I have my DVR set to record them all, but it seems like all the “new” episodes aren’t new at all.

Have you seen the women of ninja warrior? I think that is harder than the first two stages of the men’s. Who has that kind of balance? It is damn funny watching them struggle to climb a mere rope ladder though.

mike

After reading this post I watched saw it for the first time tonight. This show is awesome. Thank you for turning me on to it. It’s kind of like that show that used to be on ESPN called Viking.

HATERADE!

looks like alot of it was ripped from mxc

I remember watching a youtube vid of a japanese fisherman completing the whole thing. That was just sickening.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
I remember watching a youtube vid of a japanese fisherman completing the whole thing. That was just sickening. [/quote]

Outstanding athleticism.

[quote]Split wrote:
looks like alot of it was ripped from mxc[/quote]

most definitely not. MXC is like a toddler version compared to this behemoth.

[quote]booger wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
I remember watching a youtube vid of a japanese fisherman completing the whole thing. That was just sickening.

Outstanding athleticism.[/quote]

that guy is only 5’3" and 134lbs.

[quote]Ren wrote:
booger wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

Outstanding athleticism.

[/quote]

Yeah, but give him some credit, how many guys at that size can complete the course? Paul Hamm, 5’6" and 137 lbs, with two silver and one gold medal in gymnastics from Athens 2004, couldn’t. That said, I would love to see someone like Marius Pudz complete the thing.

[quote]booger wrote:
Ren wrote:
booger wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

Outstanding athleticism.

Yeah, but give him some credit, how many guys at that size can complete the course? Paul Hamm, 5’6" and 137 lbs, with two silver and one gold medal in gymnastics from Athens 2004, couldn’t. That said, I would love to see someone like Marius Pudz complete the thing.[/quote]

Oh I am not discrediting him in anyways, that fisherman is fucking badass!

Just wanted to point that out so you can get a better sense of scale for some of the obstacles.

I have seen some of the 6 foot competitors get nailed by that concave wall.

[quote]booger wrote:
Ren wrote:
booger wrote:
Aragorn wrote:

Outstanding athleticism.

Yeah, but give him some credit, how many guys at that size can complete the course? Paul Hamm, 5’6" and 137 lbs, with two silver and one gold medal in gymnastics from Athens 2004, couldn’t. That said, I would love to see someone like Marius Pudz complete the thing.[/quote]

The more you weigh the harder that course would be, most of the top compititers are around 5’3"-5’8" and in the 130-150 range it seems. The only heavier guy I have seen do good on it was the American decathalon guy (Paul Terek?) who was 6’3 200lbs. I think he fell on the curtain cling, stuff like the curtain cling, globe grab, and cliffhanger would be extremly harder the more you weigh.

As good of an athelete as Marsuiz is I don’t think that course is suited for a 300lb man and if Marsuiz fails on the first course it does nothing but hurt his image.

Now THAT is some functional strength! :smiley:

Seriously, that guy is an absolute badass. A fisherman who can move like that, he’s probably what a ninja might have realistically been like 400 years ago. Have any of the parkour guys attempted this yet? Seems like they might have a reasonable chance of finishing.