Ninja Warrior

[quote]theBird wrote:
Csulli; Thanks for the videos. That guy is impressive. Is he training for anything particular?
[/quote]
He’s training for literally everything. In 2014 he wants to do a powerlifting meet, a strongman contest, an Olympic lifting competition, and a physique show. Would be really awesome if he pulled them all off.

[quote]lemony2j wrote:
Never mind the fact that HE’S ASIAN!!

J/K Csulli you’re a lucky man, I need a training partner like this.[/quote]
The benefits of having a training partner who is seriously down to lift 24/7 and is better than you at basically everything cannot be understated.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
You being taller will help. A lot of the course challenges like the warped wall seem to be much easier for the taller competitors. [/quote]

Being taller is much worse for a lot of the hanging challenges, which are probably the hardest part of the show, IMO. Tons of grip work is necessary to do well after the first round. [/quote]
But on the other hand if you’re too short the spider climb becomes nearly impossible.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
You being taller will help. A lot of the course challenges like the warped wall seem to be much easier for the taller competitors. [/quote]

Being taller is much worse for a lot of the hanging challenges, which are probably the hardest part of the show, IMO. Tons of grip work is necessary to do well after the first round. [/quote]
But on the other hand if you’re too short the spider climb becomes nearly impossible.[/quote]

Yeah I mean being taller is going to have it’s disadvantages, but overall I feel it helps with more obstacles then not. The gripping stuff is in the later rounds, like you said, and I feel are going to suck regardless of build lol

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

But on the other hand if you’re too short the spider climb becomes nearly impossible.[/quote]

Yeah I mean being taller is going to have it’s disadvantages, but overall I feel it helps with more obstacles then not. The gripping stuff is in the later rounds, like you said, and I feel are going to suck regardless of build lol[/quote]

Very true about the spider climb, although I think it’s pretty rare that competitors jump up and completely fail to reach both sides of the wall. I just look at the asian guys that have done well over a number of years and I think they’re all pretty short.

I’ve only watched a couple marathons, though, I haven’t watched it religiously so I could be wrong.

[quote]csulli wrote:
The benefits of having a training partner who is seriously down to lift 24/7 and is better than you at basically everything cannot be understated.[/quote]
Oh shit I just realized that I am Vegeta and he’s Goku. Just blew my own mind.

Outstanding!

The videos look like what I imagine Jackie Chan’s workouts would look like - only minus the martial arts and bad English practice.

Box jumping a body height. Pull ups with 2x weight. Very impressive.