NIN|JA Tour

Anyone going to see NIN and Jane’s Addiction during their tour???

If so,anyone going to Austin concert on May 12th? Me and the wife(world’s biggest Jane’s Addiction fan) will be there. Going to be fun.

God Dammit, i thought there was going to be a Ninja tour…

Same here. Pretty disappointed.

Yup. Same.

First I heard of it. Sounds like a good tour.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Anyone going to see NIN and Jane’s Addiction during their tour???

If so,anyone going to Austin concert on May 12th? Me and the wife(world’s biggest Jane’s Addiction fan) will be there. Going to be fun.[/quote]

I hope your NIN experience was better than the one I had at Summer Fest in Milwaukee a few years ago. Trent Reznor is so full of him self these day it makes it hard to watch him. They came on an hour late and only played for 30 min. Crap. Total crap.

My wife is also a huge Jane’s Addiction fan (what is it about that squirrelly Perry Ferrel that chicks love?). The only thing I can say about their concerts – the few that I have seen – were the naked dancing women that always seem to show up. At least if you don’t enjoy the music you can enjoy the scenery.

Though, you are lucky. Austin is a great town to see music in. Have fun.

Hell yeah I’m checking them out. My tickets are already bought for the Denver show next month at Fiddler’s Green. I saw NIN two years ago at Red Rocks and they put on one of the best live shows I’ve seen. That music is hard to play but that band hits it right on target everytime. It was amazing.

I’m hoping Jane’s plays mainly their very old stuff so we’ll see…

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
God Dammit, i thought there was going to be a Ninja tour…[/quote]

x2 :frowning:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

I hope your NIN experience was better than the one I had at Summer Fest in Milwaukee a few years ago. Trent Reznor is so full of him self these day it makes it hard to watch him. They came on an hour late and only played for 30 min. Crap. Total crap.

My wife is also a huge Jane’s Addiction fan (what is it about that squirrelly Perry Ferrel that chicks love?). The only thing I can say about their concerts – the few that I have seen – were the naked dancing women that always seem to show up. At least if you don’t enjoy the music you can enjoy the scenery.

Though, you are lucky. Austin is a great town to see music in. Have fun.[/quote]

Yeah…concerts can be hit or miss with how artists deal with wear and tear…but Austin is early in the tour,so I expect not be dissapointed…too much.

My wife is a JA junky…she’s excited. Her first concert was Jane’s Addiction in Germany when she was 14 yrs old. I’m not the biggest JA fan…but I do like a few of their songs…I’m more into NIN.

I’m also curious about opening act of Street Sweeper. Its Tom Morello…and Boots Riley from The Coup(good rap group back in the 90’s). Should be interesting as well.

Only thing is that I’ve never been to concert at Frank Erwin Center in Austin…its a huge venue. I think we have crappy seats(only area available was mezzanine)but should be fun nevertheless.

Ok for you guys interested in a “Ninja” tour…here you go(I’m up for this as well…lol):

http://hisexperience.jp/culturalactivities/ninja.html

I would love to go see that concert. I think they are both amazing. I am disappointed that they aren’t coming to Utah.

Got my tickets for Toronto and this will be the 6th time seeing NIN. So far I’ve been lucky and all the shows have been great. Also really looking forward to seeing Jane’s Addiction for the first time.

Well me and the wife “carefully” ventured out to Austin for NIN and Jane’s Addiction. We missed the opening act of Streetsweeper(Tom Morello’s new project)…and beginning of NIN. They actually started on time,Lifty. NIN sounded great…did a good mix of a few older songs and newer songs. Janes Addiction was great…good to see the original guys back together.

All in all a good experience…witness a few hippie fights…and occurrences that words can’t explain…lol. Doesn’t help when everyone seated around you is firing it up…in the nosebleed sections. I think I got a second-crack smoke high. Great time.

waaat you had to sit down for a concert?

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
waaat you had to sit down for a concert?[/quote]

Oh,no…just plenty of people were seated…it was at Frank Erwin Center…don’t know if you’re familiar with University of Texas or not.

I’m going to it June 2nd, Molsen amphitheater 3rd time seeing NIN, my favorite music by far.