Nike Weightlifting Shoes

It seems that the nike website are selling them now. They’re called the Nike Romaleo’s, damn I really want a pair.

Those are nice, i need a new lifting shoe, i wonder if i can pick these up in the UK

Only available in the US I’m afraid.

They are a darn good shoe. I just got a pair today and used them for a squat workout. The are rock solid and very comfortable. You might have to look on Ebay for a pair like I did, but they are worth it.

They reference Olympic weightlifters but also say, “dominate the deadlift.” No way in hell I’d deadlift in those. And for $180 I’m not front squatting in 'em either.

looks like the heels are too high, I’m stickin’ with my Chuck Taylors.

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
looks like the heels are too high, I’m stickin’ with my Chuck Taylors.[/quote]

Too high for what?

:wink:

[quote]tjr-dk wrote:
miroku333 wrote:

Too high for what?

[/quote]

too high to “dominate the deadlift” as their advertisement states.
they have an olympic lifting style to them, pehaps they are better suited to that?

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
tjr-dk wrote:
miroku333 wrote:

Too high for what?

too high to “dominate the deadlift” as their advertisement states.
they have an olympic lifting style to them, pehaps they are better suited to that?[/quote]

weightlifting = olympic lifting

olympic lifting = snatch and clean & jerk
powerlifting = SQ, BP, DL

I’d rather have a bit of a heel when catching a clean.
not when deadlifting though.

I personally would go with the adidas wl shoe over the nike shoe for now. Adidas has already proven they are capable of high quality shoes for wl over the years. I personally love my adistars, and wouldn’t think twice about any other shoe.

God they look so sweet. I’d rock 'em in public. Plus I’d look taller :smiley:

Link: http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?cp=usns_KW_071608_FroogleCSE&l=nikestore,home,_pdp,cid-1/gid-186717/pid-186716&re=US&co=US&la=EN#l=nikestore,home,_pdp,cid-1/gid-186717/pid-186716&re=US&co=US&la=EN