Nike Pro-Fit or Under Armour?

For those of you who have tried the two, nike pro-fit and underamour compression shirts, which one do you think is better?

what are you using them for?

UA < Dri-Fit < UA Metal for short sleeve compression shirts, at least for me.

using the compression one for wrestling practice. There’s going to be lot of sweating in them.

Are you suppose to wash it once for every use or just rinse it in water and then wash it every several uses?

[quote]no7orious1 wrote:
using the compression one for wrestling practice. There’s going to be lot of sweating in them.

Are you suppose to wash it once for every use or just rinse it in water and then wash it every several uses?[/quote]

It’s a shirt. Do you normally wear shirts for practice over and over and stop washing them? These shirts are now used in the military because they do allow sweat to dry quickly and leave the body. The fact that they dry fast means that should someone be in an area without a washing machine, you can rinse them out and let them air dry.

Nike actually came out with “Dri-Fit” first years ago. Their marketing just wasn’t very good for it until UA came on the scene and offered real competition. Both of them work. The usual only difference is the feel since UA’s shirts feel smoother to me and Nike’s shirts use more polyester. In other words, it is YOUR preference which one you like better.

I handwash my shirts and let them air dry. If I was really sweating in one and felt it was dirty, I wouldn’t just rinse it off, I would wash it.

If you don’t want a serious case of heat rash i would wash it. I would not suggest wearing these shirts for any prolonged periods of time…It took me three days to get over the case of heat rash i had one time from an underarmor shirt…I had been on a 24 hour patrol in the freaking jungle though…

Don’t sit under the coconut trees… there’s some more advice for you

[quote]Valentinius wrote:
If you don’t want a serious case of heat rash i would wash it. I would not suggest wearing these shirts for any prolonged periods of time…It took me three days to get over the case of heat rash i had one time from an underarmor shirt…I had been on a 24 hour patrol in the freaking jungle though…

Don’t sit under the coconut trees… there’s some more advice for you[/quote]

I don’t think the heat rash was caused by the shirt, I think it was caused by the heat.

I had some shirts I’d wear under my hockey equiptment back when I was hitting puberty at age 13 or so, and was getting an awful heat rash every time after I played hockey, then I switched to underarmor and it got better because of the better cooling capabilities.

I just think that the nike dri-fit is better than the regular under armor because it’s a slightly lighter fabric and a bit thinner. The under armor metal is awesome though, I love mine.

As washing goes, I usually bring mine in the shower (not in the locker room… yuck) and knead them out a bit, and then I’ll wash them in the machine once in a while.

Don’t sit under the coconut trees… there’s some more advice for you[/quote]

You are blaming HEAT rash on a shirt that keeps you COOLER? That makes, like, no sense…dude.

I like them both to be honest with you. Depends what your using it for. Nike’s price is alot better then UA, but as said before UA is alittle bit more comfortable. When I do ju-jitsu I usually just get the Walmart brand, its cheap, it works and I am not worried about it ripping.

As far as Military goes, I wear either the Walmart brand or what ever I grab. When I am deployed it is discouraged to wear them due to if there is an explosion they will melt to the skin. For the price I would say Nike, but its all up to you

[quote]no7orious1 wrote:
For those of you who have tried the two, nike pro-fit and underamour compression shirts, which one do you think is better? [/quote]

Well, for the love of my sanity, first make sure you have the physique to merit wearing such a shirt.

If so, I personally like Under Armour, only because I started wearing it back when it was a little-known company trying to compete with big bad Nike. Now, I don’t really care either way, they both work.

Like ProfX said, they just feel a little different.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Valentinius wrote:

You are blaming HEAT rash on a shirt that keeps you COOLER? That makes, like, no sense…dude.[/quote]

I have talked to a couple other people who developed rashes as well…correct it was the heat…but the excessive sweating combined w/ the tight shirt clogs the pores and causes it. Perhaps i should just have said, don’t get one too tight…But mainly i was trying to point out to WASH your shirt.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Well, for the love of my sanity, first make sure you have the physique to merit wearing such a shirt.[/quote]

Yeah, you dont want to look like these guys.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
Well, for the love of my sanity, first make sure you have the physique to merit wearing such a shirt.

Yeah, you dont want to look like these guys.[/quote]

Bwah, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…

Professor X wrote:
Valentinius wrote:

You are blaming HEAT rash on a shirt that keeps you COOLER? That makes, like, no sense…dude.

I have talked to a couple other people who developed rashes as well…correct it was the heat…but the excessive sweating combined w/ the tight shirt clogs the pores and causes it. Perhaps i should just have said, don’t get one too tight…But mainly i was trying to point out to WASH your shirt.
[/quote]

First, they sell LOOSE Under Armour so there is no reason to be buying one so tight that you close off circulation. Second, if your shirt is so tight that the blood blanches from your skin, BUY A BIGGER FREAKING SHIRT.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

Yeah, you dont want to look like these guys.[/quote]

I swear that’s how the majority of the guys buying these shirts look.

Yeah I wear both; personally I like the under armour better, I think their loose gear fits a bit better and I like the feel of their tight stuff more as well. Plus I usually find the underarmour is a bit cheaper. I usually like to wear loose gear at practice for shirts, and then shorts and compression shorts to wrestle but a few guys on the team have worn compression shirts (unfortunately one of the heavyweights :slight_smile: ).

Please do wash your shirt as often as any other, ringworm and other skin disease issues aside, they still stink. But I’d grab one of each maybe if you can and try them each out, they both work great.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:

Yeah, you dont want to look like these guys.

I swear that’s how the majority of the guys buying these shirts look.[/quote]

Its either them or guys with huge bellies wearing them. Its rare to see guys who can actually sport them wearing nthem.

i’m amazed that people think underarmour keeps you cool. i’ve got a few of their loose fit style shirts and those things are warm to wear to say the least.

there are times when i run out of cotton t-shirts so i use the underarmour to wear to work (under a suit) and on those days i break a sweat just walking around. like the guy said above the one time in my life i’ve had heat rash was a hot day when wore i an underarmour t-shirt to work.

they do dry faster though and don’t get soaked and heavy like cotton does. and the fabric is nice and they’re put together well and are pretty durable.
i like them alot when it’s below 60 degrees.

[quote]swivel wrote:
there are times when i run out of cotton t-shirts so i use the underarmour to wear to work (under a suit) and on those days i break a sweat just walking around. [/quote]

Because you normally don’t sweat UNDER A SUIT? I sweat a lot. I sweat less in these. Again, perhaps some of you are buying shirts that are too tight. They sell LOOSE gear.

I’m a UA fan myself. But people I know with the Nike brand like it just fine. Prof is correct however, you have to buy the size shirt that you are. It will compress to you I promise.

[quote]swivel wrote:
i’m amazed that people think underarmour keeps you cool. i’ve got a few of their loose fit style shirts and those things are warm to wear to say the least.

there are times when i run out of cotton t-shirts so i use the underarmour to wear to work (under a suit) and on those days i break a sweat just walking around. like the guy said above the one time in my life i’ve had heat rash was a hot day when wore i an underarmour t-shirt to work.

they do dry faster though and don’t get soaked and heavy like cotton does. and the fabric is nice and they’re put together well and are pretty durable.
i like them alot when it’s below 60 degrees. [/quote]

are you sure your not wearing the cold weather gear?