Nike Frees for Deadlifting

Yet another thread about Nike Frees. Aren’t there already 3 or 4 on this site? Shit, there is only 1 ass worship thread. Who would’ve thought that a shoe would generate more interest than women’s asses?

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Professor X wrote:
wfifer wrote:
I don’t like lifting in them. I’ve got the 3.0 version. They feel sort of flimsy when the weights get heavy.

No offense, but the 5.0’s have been out for several years now. That means your 3.0’s are pretty out of date. I doubt most are referring to the 3.0’s when they discuss this shoe. I’ve never even seen 3.0’s.

The 3.0s are the newest shoe. They look even more basic than the 5.0s. [/quote]

Then my mistake.

That still doesn’t explain why someone would use one with less support than the 5.0’s for dead lifting.

You probably wouldn’t want to do it in a public gym, but except for calves I train barefoot.

Socks FTW.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
Professor X wrote:
wfifer wrote:
I don’t like lifting in them. I’ve got the 3.0 version. They feel sort of flimsy when the weights get heavy.

No offense, but the 5.0’s have been out for several years now. That means your 3.0’s are pretty out of date. I doubt most are referring to the 3.0’s when they discuss this shoe. I’ve never even seen 3.0’s.

The 3.0s are the newest shoe. They look even more basic than the 5.0s.

Then my mistake.

That still doesn’t explain why someone would use one with less support than the 5.0’s for dead lifting.[/quote]

I think the idea is to come as close to possible as lifting with bare feet while still being allowed in the gym.

I’m a cheap bastard, so I just use my old basketball shoes for all my lifting, but I’ve read here that lifting barefoot is really good for your feet.

FightingScott wrote:
Professor X wrote:
wfifer wrote:

Then my mistake.

That still doesn’t explain why someone would use one with less support than the 5.0’s for dead lifting.[/quote]

Actually I read (I believe on the Nike site) the 3, 5 and 7 are all current models. The 7 is suppose to be for cross training/lateral work, the 5 for running and the 3 for running with less support.

FightingScott wrote:
Professor X wrote:
wfifer wrote:

Then my mistake.

I didn’t buy them for lifting, but I thought it was worth a shot. Didn’t work out so well. OP asked about all the models, so I figured I’d say something about the 3.0. The fact is you are closer to the ground, but it honestly feels less stable than either being barefoot or wearing a normal shoe.

[quote]OBoile wrote:
<<< I think the idea is to come as close to possible as lifting with bare feet while still being allowed in the gym.

I’m a cheap bastard, so I just use my old basketball shoes for all my lifting, but I’ve read here that lifting barefoot is really good for your feet.
[/quote]

I tried it on a whim one day (barefoot) and never looked back. It’s tough to explain, but it just feels right.

Just curious guys, where can you buy wrestling shoes? I can’t find ANY locally.

I train in my socks, and nobody’s complained yet. Your mileage may differ.

love my vibram fivefingers…especially for squats, deadlifts, and single leg movements

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Professor X wrote:
FightingScott wrote:
Professor X wrote:
wfifer wrote:

Then my mistake.

That still doesn’t explain why someone would use one with less support than the 5.0’s for dead lifting.

I didn’t buy them for lifting, but I thought it was worth a shot. Didn’t work out so well. OP asked about all the models, so I figured I’d say something about the 3.0. The fact is you are closer to the ground, but it honestly feels less stable than either being barefoot or wearing a normal shoe.
[/quote]

With out athletes, we’ll let 'em pull in the 3.0 and 7.0, but not the 5.0. On the whole, I haven’t been impressed with the 5.0 model. Guys roll out of it a lot with lateral movement work, and it has a bit too much heel-lift for my liking. Put that same guy in a 3.0 or 7.0, and he’ll perform much better.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
Just curious guys, where can you buy wrestling shoes? I can’t find ANY locally. [/quote]

These guys are Nike endorsed, FWIW:

[quote]gi2eg wrote:
love my vibram fivefingers…especially for squats, deadlifts, and single leg movements[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t get the fascination with the Nikes. These are much better.

i have 5.0’s. i guess they work fine…definitely better than DL or squatting in shox.