Nike Frees for Deadlifting

When it comes to deadlifts i know most use chuck taylors, but what about the nike free. if any of you are fimiliar with this shoes please let me know. there are three different versions: 7, 5, and 3. which ones best for deads?

They’re just shoes.
There’s no significant difference between them when it comes to deadlifting.

If you REALLY want the BEST shoes for deadlifting and you really care, then you’ll want the Metal Brand Squat Shoes sold at EliteFTS.com or (maybe even better) you’ll want to deadlift barefoot.

The best shoe for deadlifting depends on how you deadlift. The Metal shoes are nothing special when it comes to deadlift, they are designed for a squatter who doesn’t need an elevated heal.

I would recommend wrestling shoes hands down as the best (you can even buy “deadlifting shoes”, which are basically wrestling shoes with a different title), for sumo deadlifts slippers seem to be the best and if neither are available go with a pair of chucks.

I know of no powerlifting organizations that allow bare feet, in most you must wear socks (perferably knee socks) and a covering of some sort, at least deadlift slippers.

I prefer deadlifting with just socks on.

So most feds would make you wear something over your socks? I might have to figure something out, my first meet is in a week and a half and I was planning on deadlifting in just socks.

As cheeta and I said, try getting some deadlifting slippers which you can order from any major powerlifting website, or buy some black ballet slipper from somewheres in your town (they are basically the same thing) all the slipper does is cover you foot and perhaps aid with a grip a small amount.
What federation do you lift in?

I wear Adidas Sambas. I have Free 7.0’s and they are fine too, but the Adidas are a much better lifting shoe IMO.

When your deadlifting you want to get your foot as close to the ground as possible to eliminate unnecessary ROM. My personal preference is chucks while i do have 7.0 and they do serve there purpose there are better deadlifting shoes and for a lot cheaper

I have the Nike free 7.0

Its just a shoe. I like em, and I’ll buy another pair, but a “deadlift specific” shoe, I wouldn’t call them that.

J

Forget the Nike Frees, I always train in my Vibram Five Fingers. Just like being barefoot, except more sanitary.

I don’t like lifting in them. I’ve got the 3.0 version. They feel sort of flimsy when the weights get heavy.

what about olympic shoes, they are hard and have good power transfer, but is the raised heel good or bad. it helps me squat deep, like rock bottom. but is it good for pulls or should i just wear sneakers

[quote]Power GnP wrote:
As cheeta and I said, try getting some deadlifting slippers which you can order from any major powerlifting website, or buy some black ballet slipper from somewheres in your town (they are basically the same thing) all the slipper does is cover you foot and perhaps aid with a grip a small amount.
What federation do you lift in?[/quote]

Do they have to be black? I have some pink ones that I wanted to wear, but I wanna make sure I get the best leverage.

Olympic shoes are great for squatting, but you want a flat sole on whatever you’re using to deadlift.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Power GnP wrote:
What federation do you lift in?

Do they have to be black? I have some pink ones that I wanted to wear, but I wanna make sure I get the best leverage.[/quote]

Depends whether or not you want the world to know your secret.

[quote]Power GnP wrote:
Olympic shoes are great for squatting, but you want a flat sole on whatever you’re using to deadlift.[/quote]

to each his own, I have tried them and I feel it hits my legs more and its just fine for me. I feel very stable in them as well, my advise is if you have them its worth trying to see if you like it.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
I don’t like lifting in them. I’ve got the 3.0 version. They feel sort of flimsy when the weights get heavy. [/quote]

No offense, but the 5.0’s have been out for several years now. That means your 3.0’s are pretty out of date. I doubt most are referring to the 3.0’s when they discuss this shoe. I’ve never even seen 3.0’s.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
wfifer wrote:
I don’t like lifting in them. I’ve got the 3.0 version. They feel sort of flimsy when the weights get heavy.

No offense, but the 5.0’s have been out for several years now. That means your 3.0’s are pretty out of date. I doubt most are referring to the 3.0’s when they discuss this shoe. I’ve never even seen 3.0’s.[/quote]

With all due respect, shut up. The number corresponds to the shoe’s level of support, with a normal shoes being a 10 and barefoot being 0. The 5.0 is, in fact, the original model.

I like chuck taylors personally for deadlifting. Keeps me close to the ground and they were cheap. I have nike free 7.0s that I use for everything else!!!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
wfifer wrote:

No offense, but the 5.0’s have been out for several years now. That means your 3.0’s are pretty out of date. I doubt most are referring to the 3.0’s when they discuss this shoe. I’ve never even seen 3.0’s.[/quote]

The 3.0s are the newest shoe. They look even more basic than the 5.0s.

Second the deadlift shoe (wrestling shoe) or the ballet slippers. I have Frees but I would not deadlift in them as a choice, wrestling shoes are the way to go.