T Nation

Nike Free Trainers?

Oh well my running shoes which I been using for walking and lifting have worn out and since I started walking so much at university compared to community my knees have started hurting and calves have gotten excessively tight. I have heard many positive things about free and wonder if anyone has tried these http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/commerce/?p=PDP&pid=301836&pgid=301838&cid=102201#/?ll=en_US&ct=US&pid=301836&cid=1&pgid=301838&p=PDP or would recommend something else.

I don’t know if they’d help your knees hurting, but I have a pair and love them.

I have a pair of the Nike ID 5.0 v4, and love them. I had a different pair of Nike Frees prior to these and like them as well.

I say go for it, they’re great shoes.

So there are no free shoes in this thread? I feel ripped off.

Just got them Ive never owned frees before but Ill let you guys know what I think about them until later.

Get some Vibram Five Fingers, your calves will grow and you’ll never go back to regular shoes! These things have saved my knees.

Ill be sure to try them after I wear out the nike free’s or if aren’t that good ill get them as soon as possible.

I think these Vibram 5 Fingers are going to go the way of the Crocs.

[quote]Extremepain wrote:
So there are no free shoes in this thread? I feel ripped off.[/quote]

That’s what the bandaid said.

I love my frees :slight_smile: Wouldnt wear anything else.

Pretty comfortable, first time wearing them my feet cramped up from actually getting used. Calf tightness is somewhat reduced and i am not suffering from plantar fasciitis as much before. Was accutally surprised that a few people at my university wear vibrams.

I’ve always read lifting should be avoided in shoes with compressible soles - and as running shoes, I can’t see these as having the same flat, uncompressible material as say - Chuck Taylors. Does the whole shoe-sole material issue only matter on ridiculously heavy lifting, or is it just bunk advice anyway?

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:
Pretty comfortable, first time wearing them my feet cramped up from actually getting used. Calf tightness is somewhat reduced and i am not suffering from plantar fasciitis as much before. Was accutally surprised that a few people at my university wear vibrams.[/quote]

If you’re having problems with your knees, Vibrams are what you need. My knees used to ache all the time, walking in Vibrams allows your calf muscle to act as the impact absorber, instead of your knee joint.